*** The Official Partick Thistle v Rangers Thread ***

Bronzy

Looking at the table knowing the result can't put us ahead of the sheep is extremely frustrating as we should be miles ahead of them. I'd imagine he will stick with the same team as Saturday although I'd play Cummings instead of Windass and hopefully Docherty will be involved as well at some point. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think he will play the exact same team as got beat by Hibs - if everyone is available. Point to prove and all that.

Rangers starting 11 teamsheet template.gif

I think enough points weren't proved against Hibs and there is not much margin for the same starting 11 to go out and risk not being able to impose themselves on the game and prove the point that they are worthy of being the starting 11.   

I don's see the point in having toiled so hard to get Cummings and Docherty signed and not now starting to give them more chances in the starting 11 so I'd have a couple of changes to see if they improve the side.   I'd definitely drop Windass for Cummings and either Goss or Holt for Docherty.  

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I think enough points weren't proved against Hibs and there is not much margin for the same starting 11 to go out and risk not being able to impose themselves on the game and prove the point that they are worthy of being the starting 11.   

I don's see the point in having toiled so hard to get Cummings and Docherty signed and not now starting to give them more chances in the starting 11 so I'd have a couple of changes to see if they improve the side.   I'd definitely drop Windass for Cummings and either Goss or Holt for Docherty.  

i would like to see him change it up. particularly Docherty. Not sure he will though

1 minute ago, rfc_watp said:

If Murty is serious about his claims that everyone is pushing everyone and that jerseys are up for grabs then he has to change it imo. We failed to get a result on Saturday, full stop.

Drop the underperformers.

Agreed. No point signing new players to create competition then leaving players that failed in the next lineup. 

Big changes need to happen tonight. 

Cummings and Morelos need to play up front together. 

Docherty needs to start. 

Windass cannot start. 

Miller cannot be anywhere near the side. 

If we line up with the same players and system as last Saturday I'll be raging with Murty. 

Holt's had his annual good month. The funs over for me, Docherty in. Cummings needs to start tonight as well, if we can't help him build on the goal at County and the response he's had from the support so far then we're risking wasting a massively promising signing. 

Need to go out guns blazing get some early goals. Thats means on form attackers to play. 

4-1-2-1-2.      Diamond that Murty Wants but more attack minded.

Morelos     Cummings

Docherty

Murphy                    Candeias 

Goss

John     Martin      Bates      Tav

Fod

Need to change it up for sure will be raging if same team plays as last time. Need to go 2 up top IMO and midfield is a bit lightweight need some physicality in there, not sure if docherty is that type? If the same team plays than I will accept no less than a dominant performance and a good win or i will lose faith in murty 

Just now, MrMckee said:

Need to change it up for sure will be raging if same team plays as last time. Need to go 2 up top IMO and midfield is a bit lightweight need some physicality in there, not sure if docherty is that type? If the same team plays than I will accept no less than a dominant performance and a good win or i will lose faith in murty 

I think Docherty gives us plenty of energy and I’m sure he won’t shirk a tackle but when you consider McCrorie, Jack and Rossiter are all out it’s a fair amount of physicality from the middle of the park. 

6 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Need to go out guns blazing get some early goals. Thats means on form attackers to play. 

4-1-2-1-2.      Diamond that Murty Wants but more attack minded.

Morelos     Cummings

Docherty

Murphy                    Candeias 

Goss

John     Martin      Bates      Tav

Fod

Candieas on the right side of of a diamond has already been tried and failed, should only be central midfielders, Goss as a lone defensive midfielder is suicidal

24 minutes ago, couchman15 said:

Wes

Tav.         Bates.      Martin.      Jon 

candias.  Docherty.  Goss.  Murphy    

Cummings.    Morelos      

0-2 for the gers.      

This has to be the starting line-up ... No messing about get two up front and lets see what Dochertys all about.

Murty needs to be shrewder when selecting his bench, get Hererra and Hodson tae f..ck and give himself better options, I'm not MOH biggest fan but he'd be more a option than Hererra ffs.

Also get the changes made early if things aren't working, if someone's playing sh..it get him aff and get fresh legs on the park, hardly fu...ckking rocket science !!

Archived