*** The Official Partick Thistle v Rangers Thread ***

Bronzy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

We have played worse, thought we played better second half on Saturday. Not sure what people expect with on the whole a workman like team. 

The one thing that gets to me is our 4 5 1 formation for some reason leaves the midfield weak. 

injuries and lack of depth left our midfield, with the exception of Goss, void of talent

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Hitting a certain age has nothing to do with being grown up. 

Exactly, I'm 36 to give an example...

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Really? :lol: 

Yeah I see him on gwr, came into Cooper's one time as well. Not quite the full shilling

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

The audacity to shh his own fans tells me that. 

You're telling me that the celebration to the fans makes you think he's above it? :lol: Can't  just be that he's silencing his critics? ? Naw, it has to be that he thinks he's a superstar? 

Na, I'm sorry, that's just silly. 

As I said, he takes more abuse than any other player in our squad even though he's probably our most important player, he has a dig back and those same fans are genuinely crying. Pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You're telling me that the celebration to the fans makes you think he's above it? :lol: Can't  just be that he's silencing his critics? ? Naw, it has to be that he thinks he's a superstar? 

Na, I'm sorry, that's just silly. 

As I said, he takes more abuse than any other player in our squad even though he's probably our most important player, he has a dig back and those same fans are genuinely crying. Pathetic. 

A dig back hahaha, wish I got paid the money that boy is on to take a few tweets on twitter 

6 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Don’t know if anyone at the game will agree, but the atmosphere tonight was shocking. Thought that was the worst away game in about 3 year tonight 

Small stadium in Glasgow, fans have to be doubly cautious about what they are singing, saying or thinking. 

15 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Hitting a certain age has nothing to do with being grown up. 

My point is that by 24 one is grown up and deemed good enough to captain the club and the other does a stupid celebration towards his own fans, puts that on instagram straight after the game and disables comments on it.

Being older may not mean your are grown up but by 24 he should have done by now. He needs a father figure to sort this kinda shit out and he might just reach his potential.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

My point is that by 24 one is grown up and deemed good enough to captain the club and the other does a stupid celebration towards his own fans, puts that on instagram straight after the game and disables comments on it.

Being older may not mean your are grown up but by 24 he should have done by now. He needs a father figure to sort this kinda shit out and he might just reach his potential.

Like I said.. he has a bit of growing up to do.. you basically confirm this. Some people take a lot longer to grow up than others... then there are the people who have to grow up at a very young age. I work with people and they are all different.

Haven’t read the thread so might be echoing views of others but defensively we are fucking abysmal. From midfield back we can’t contend with counter attacks, people running at us with the ball, long balls up to a striker, long balls that get us on the turn and crosses from wide areas. Everytime the opposition comes forward they look like scoring. I’m not a manager so I don’t have the answer but there is something fundamentally wrong with the way we defend. It’s horrible to watch. And when we are under pressure we have no one in midfield to take control of the ball and dictate the game, we constantly try to force the play forward, lose the ball and then the horror defensive cycle starts again! 

On the plus side two good finishes today!

We need to be better however!

27 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Small stadium in Glasgow, fans have to be doubly cautious about what they are singing, saying or thinking. 

That's anywhere in Glasgow these days, not just a football stadium.  

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Whoever's idea it was to have two horses between the gates to get to the turnstiles and having everybody queue right beside alsorts of horse shite is a wank

Pretty sure they knew exactly what they were doing mate.

8 hours ago, WGOH said:

A dig back hahaha, wish I got paid the money that boy is on to take a few tweets on twitter 

He doesn't get paid for that. It might be part and parcel of being a footballer who also chooses to have a social media account but wages have got nothing to do with that.

8 hours ago, Cobham said:

Haven’t read the thread so might be echoing views of others but defensively we are fucking abysmal. From midfield back we can’t contend with counter attacks, people running at us with the ball, long balls up to a striker, long balls that get us on the turn and crosses from wide areas. Everytime the opposition comes forward they look like scoring. I’m not a manager so I don’t have the answer but there is something fundamentally wrong with the way we defend. It’s horrible to watch. And when we are under pressure we have no one in midfield to take control of the ball and dictate the game, we constantly try to force the play forward, lose the ball and then the horror defensive cycle starts again! 

On the plus side two good finishes today!

We need to be better however!

We press poorly or other are not pressing at the same time.

Watch next game, one will push to press and no one else follows suit till its too late. 

You then get midfielders pressing high leaving massive gaps centrally. Add both fullbacks boming forward and its a counter attackers dream. Exposed channels and no midfield cover 

Any news on John injury?

12 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

Which sub you using? 

im using streamkings but i dare say they are all as good as each other.   best bet is join a few groups on facebook and gauge feedback from other users.  at £20 for 6 months i cant fault it

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Whoever's idea it was to have two horses between the gates to get to the turnstiles and having everybody queue right beside alsorts of horse shite is a wank

My mate nearly got licked by one when walking through :lol: 

Was fucking hilarious.

Tbf they probably put two up cause of dicks like me pushing past the last time when they only had one on the gate :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Doesn't matter mate. Discussing one players celebration is overshadowing that.

It’s a shame because I feel they should all be let known how fucking terrible they are. 

Windass has made it all about him though. That’s what annoys me about him, he’s a nobody and thinks people should care how he feels

Archived