First half substitutions

Injury aside, can you remember anyone being taken off for poor form or as a tactical movement? I can recall Mols getting subbed at one game at Ibrox. Things just weren’t coming off for him that day and he looked well out of sorts, it was after his injury and maybe one of you guys has more details?

Im sure big Dave McPherson was hauled off in one game at Ibrox too. Might have been against Dundee Utd. 3-0 defeat?

Others?

7 minutes ago, hammer time said:

Can mind being at rugby park when Kanchelskis got hooked after about 20 - 25 minutes for being utter crap. Also remember Craig Moore making a mistake that cost a goal and within a minute got subbed by Advocaat

Was that the time when we were playing Craig Moore at full back? Was never comfortable in that position. Moved to centre of the defence and he was outstanding.

4 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I thought that was Ball.

Was ball not the one where he brought him on as a sub and then hooked him, I think ball had got booked so there was a feeling he would be sent off.....when ball came off he gave advocatt a set if verbals

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Was ball not the one where he brought him on as a sub and then hooked him, I think ball had got booked so there was a feeling he would be sent off.....when ball came off he gave advocatt a set if verbals

Might have been, I just remember ball screaming at Advocatt. 

54 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Was that the time when we were playing Craig Moore at full back? Was never comfortable in that position. Moved to centre of the defence and he was outstanding.

Don't think so pretty sure he was playing at centre half and was possibly an opening day of the season game or first home game anyway

2 hours ago, hammer time said:

Don't think so pretty sure he was playing at centre half and was possibly an opening day of the season game or first home game anyway

Yeah, he'd stopped being played at fullback or in midfield by that time.

It was Advocaat's second season, first game at Ibrox and Moore made a mistake for Killie's equaliser, so he was hooked by an angry Dick.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, he'd stopped being played at fullback or in midfield by that time.

It was Advocaat's second season, first game at Ibrox and Moore made a mistake for Killie's equaliser, so he was hooked by an angry Dick.

I remember that as well .  Was he not sold to Palace shortly after , then he returned to us when Palace were struggling to keep up the transfer installments . Wee Dick was certainly not shy about changing things around no matter how long we had played , IMO every other manager since him has tended to be a bit predictable when it comes to making substitutions either regarding the timing or the players involved . When my kids were younger they used to think that myself and the guys sat around us were psychic predicting the inevitable Lovenkrands / Arveladze change :lol: 

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

I seem to remember Andy Little coming off very early against the tarriers one time. Don't think he was injured, think he was playing at right back. Think that may have been his first start for us also.

He was injured, I think he lasted about 10 minutes.