BBC Radio Scotland just now,

Sparkle

Interesting discussion for a change.  Chick Young, Craig Brown, Gary Naismith, talking about the current SFA debacle.

Chick just said that if Ernie Walker had still been in charge at the start of our problems there would have been a half million fine and that's it move on, but with all the power lying with the clubs now, this was never going to be allowed to happen.  "The most powerful man in Scottish football is Peter Liewell and as he is the CE of cellic, he of course uses that power for the betterment of cellic " other clubs resent this but can't do anything about it.  All the panel in agreement.

Not news to us obviously, but interesting to hear the other CEs of clubs are recognising it. Made their dirty beds.....

55 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Stopped reading at Chick Young. 

More fool you then.....like it or not it’s him and his ilk who have the media platform. Sure you would be quick enough to moan when it’s negative Rangers stories, I highlighted this as it’s maybe a sign of the tide turning.  

I heard that. Surprised and pleased also to hear Craig Brown dismissing The Lurgan Bigot's  suggestion of Leanne Munter Dempster as the new CEO.

Brown, who is very well respected in the game is no fan of hers and claims she is difficult to work with.

So far, i've heard of her and Rod Petrie mantioned as potential candidates. The fenian cabal are already hard at work getting their man/boot in place so its a bonus if anyone  can put a negative slant on them on national radio.

6 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

I heard that. Surprised and pleased also to hear Craig Brown dismissing The Lurgan Bigot's  suggestion of Leanne Munter Dempster as the new CEO.

Brown, who is very well respected in the game is no fan of hers and claims she is difficult to work with.

So far, i've heard of her and Rod Petrie mantioned as potential candidates. The fenian cabal are already hard at work getting their man/boot in place so its a bonus if anyone  can put a negative slant on them on national radio.

Yes, we would end up with Rod Petrie, Leanne Dempster (and TLB as manager as recommended by brenda last week)  I'm sure that would be fair and equitable......

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yes, we would end up with Rod Petrie, Leanne Dempster (and TLB as manager as recommended by brenda last week)  I'm sure that would be fair and equitable......

Surely those pillars of society would not want TLB because he has been involved in tax avoidance schemes.... just like Lawwell !!! 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

More fool you then.....like it or not it’s him and his ilk who have the media platform. Sure you would be quick enough to moan when it’s negative Rangers stories, I highlighted this as it’s maybe a sign of the tide turning.  

Considering just 3 days ago a BBC reporter accused us of lying about the bids from China for Morelos, I highly doubt the tide is turning. 

12 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I suppose the questions are - are the panel bothered that this is the case? or are they shrugging their shoulders? or do they silently support the idea?

The impression I got was that they didn’t think the situation is right as the other CE s are fed up with it and so change is needed throughput the sfa and sfpl 

4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Considering just 3 days ago a BBC reporter accused us of lying about the bids from China for Morelos, I highly doubt the tide is turning. 

Fair enough but he was also forced into a retraction and apology - wouldn’t have happened before, the bbc would just ignore us 

2 hours ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

Craig Brown was interviewed on tv the other night (stv @6 , I think ) and stated that he thought that the next SFA CEO should come from outwith a football background in order to look at things from a fresh perspective and bring new ideas . As far as I'm aware Regan came from county cricket and had no obvious football connections (Liewell apart ) so hardly a ringing endorsement by a guy who has his finger on the pulse , A football manager who picked players for the national side on their ability to play Trivial pursuit and tucking their shirt into the shorts without wearing sock tape ! Brown , Roxburgh & co have to take as much blame as the current incumbents for the state of football in this country at this time . 

14 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Craig Brown was interviewed on tv the other night (stv @6 , I think ) and stated that he thought that the next SFA CEO should come from outwith a football background in order to look at things from a fresh perspective and bring new ideas . As far as I'm aware Regan came from county cricket and had no obvious football connections (Liewell apart ) so hardly a ringing endorsement by a guy who has his finger on the pulse , A football manager who picked players for the national side on their ability to play Trivial pursuit and tucking their shirt into the shorts without wearing sock tape ! Brown , Roxburgh & co have to take as much blame as the current incumbents for the state of football in this country at this time . 

Who'd have thought the likes of Ernie Walker and Jim Farry would be missed :lol:  Compared to the current mob and recent history they were great at the jobs.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Who'd have thought the likes of Ernie Walker and Jim Farry would be missed :lol:  Compared to the current mob and recent history they were great at the jobs.

Both over officious cunts , but everyone was treated with the same contempt :lol:  

10 hours ago, surfsup2 said:

I don't listen to anything to do with BBC Scotland but good to hear this as everybody with a brain knows liewell

has been running Scottish football and using it to suit 1 team only .

I think there is some sort of voting rig

That keeps the beggars and friends of slanty eyes in control 

Set up when the Sfl sold their souls 

19 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I listened to this yesterday and it was surprising to hear young and brown talking up walker and parry. Can only recall them getting always ripped to shreds in the press when they were in charge at park circus. They were forever getting slaughtered by the tabloids and radio hacks.

Nice to hear Brown growing a set though and speaking up instead of sounding like yer auntie jean. He was also saying archie knox had no time for the motherwell hibs harpie. Always imagine wee chick curling up and cringing at the mention of oor Archie.