Walter being considered for return to Scotland manager's job

Bad Robot

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idle speculation from tabloid idiots who don't have a clue.

There is no chance Walter is interested, just now he's is probably quietly just having a wee chuckle to himself.

Think it will be McLeish, but could n't care less who takes it as I still have a hatred of the vile and corrupt Association they represent, and despise the fans, the majority of whom hate us too.  

I'll back Walter Smith whatever he chooses to do, personally I'd love him back at Rangers because he would stop 9 in a row, I have no doubts on that, on the other hand the man's getting on a bit now and deserves his retirement. Growing up seeing my team win title after title really was out of this world for me, Walter will always be my all time hero. 

Don’t think it would happen but I would love it to happen. The Rangers hating Tartan Army wouldn’t know which way to turn. Saw a boy on the news earlier- leader of the North of Scotland Tartan Army or something to that effect. He was nearly greetin at the thought - magic 

Has he even said he’d be interested? I saw him saying he missed being in the dug out, maybe it’s wishful thinking from me but he has been in the media more recently, hope he takes over again at Ibrox in the summer and puts Brenda and the tattie munchers back in  their place 

53 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Has he even said he’d be interested? I saw him saying he missed being in the dug out, maybe it’s wishful thinking from me but he has been in the media more recently, hope he takes over again at Ibrox in the summer and puts Brenda and the tattie munchers back in  their place 

Aparently, sources close to Walter have suggested he would consider it. Euro2020 is by far our best chance of qualifying for a major final for 22 years and Walter will know that. What an opportunity for him. He is enjoying retirement, but this job doesn’t come with the demands of club football. It’s only for a coupe of years, he won’t stay on after that. 

I’ll be delighted if they offer it to him and he takes it. 

If he takes it all the best to him. Can imagine it would be nowhere near as intense as managing us. So if he was to get back to football it would probably suit him perfectly.

To be fair and this will attract some criticism but if there was ever a time for mccoist to get back into coaching then this is his in. I've always thought despite his woeful management, I don't doubt for a second that Ally brought plenty to the table as an assistant while Walter was in charge.

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Would love Walter to take the reigns at Ibrox again, and I'm sure he has been asked, but I have a feeling that they are going to go back in for McInnes in the summer, unless Murty really really excels above all expectations.

McInnes's one and only chance to boss Rangers has come and gone. Any possibility of that altering would require a change of regime after the current boards statement questioning his lack of baws, and that doesn't seem likely any time soon.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

According to The Sun, Smith is willing to talk - poor poor show, if true and is another benchmark to once again prove just how far out of touch our legends are with your average fan 

disgusting in fact 

There must be something in this or it would be put to bed by now. The thought of Walter sitting at a press conference after taking the Scotland job is sickening, if he adds that either he knocked back Rangers or was never even asked would rub salt in the wounds.

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

There must be something in this or it would be put to bed by now. The thought of Walter sitting at a press conference after taking the Scotland job is sickening, if he adds that either he knocked back Rangers or was never even asked would rub salt in the wounds.

Exactly