Walter being considered for return to Scotland manager's job

Bad Robot

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It might be paid as a full time job, but its hardly the same as club management.

The squad only gets together and trains a few times a year.

It's a full time job. A different job and plenty travel involved. Wether club or the national game, football management is stressful. A thankless job that arouses passion both within the individual and fans alike. In employment you have a boss and at his behest and accountable to him.  IMO, he should be putting the feet up and enjoying his famility and doing what he wants in his time.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It been a real laugh hearing the rabid fans on Clyde going full mental at the very mention of his name for the job, absolute delusions they have. Trying to discredit him yet punting Lennon at the same time, but they can't resist the victim tag for him as " the establishment won't work with him". Smith has forgotten more about management in the 7 years he has been out, than most of the other candidates will ever know.

If Walter does get the job, gaurenteed that Scott Brown will be "retiring" from international football again the next day, poor wee lamb.

However, dont think he will take the job, so it will fall to Malky Mackay - he seems the most convenient choice for the SFA now.

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It been a real laugh hearing the rabid fans on Clyde going full mental at the very mention of his name for the job, absolute delusions they have. Trying to discredit him yet punting Lennon at the same time, but they can't resist the victim tag for him as " the establishment won't work with him". Smith has forgotten more about management in the 7 years he has been out, than most of the other candidates will ever know.

If Walter does get the job, gaurenteed that Scott Brown will be "retiring" from international football again the next day, poor wee lamb.

However, dont think he will take the job, so it will fall to Malky Mackay - he seems the most convenient choice for the SFA now.

He's most likely ruined a good amount of their childhood or man hood, which is great

23 minutes ago, Briton said:

Walter Smith is a decent manager and I'm sure he'd do an okay job for Scotland but I'd rather see a younger more adventurous manager in charge of the national team.

Yes, Walter Smith - who took a team with Kirk Broadfoot in it to a major European final - is a decent manager. In the same way that winning a million quid on the lottery is a decent bit of luck or how Scarlett Johansson is a decent looking girl. 

49 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Yes, Walter Smith - who took a team with Kirk Broadfoot in it to a major European final - is a decent manager. In the same way that winning a million quid on the lottery is a decent bit of luck or how Scarlett Johansson is a decent looking girl. 

decent post.

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

He shouldn't go anywhere near it the Jaco's will never give him a chance after he left last time to resign with us 

Only in modern day Scotland.....Smith is being chastised as some sort of traitor because he turned his back on his country....my gut feeling is that if he had moved to A big club in England not much would of  been  made of it....the fact he returned to the club he loves makes him a traitor in their eyes....but let's not stop There, the hypocrisy of the tartan fannies holds no bounds....these are the same arseholes who welcomed broonaldo back as captain after he turned his back on his country to protect his club career as the champions league was more important to him than world cup qualifiers .....never has this country been so divided and deluded with its views than it is in this current day....in saying that Smith should tell them to ram it as a matter of loyalty to the club he loves.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Only in modern day Scotland.....Smith is being chastised as some sort of traitor because he turned his back on his country....my gut feeling is that if he had moved to A big club in England not much would of  been  made of it....the fact he returned to the club he loves makes him a traitor in their eyes....but let's not stop There, the hypocrisy of the tartan fannies holds no bounds....these are the same arseholes who welcomed broonaldo back as captain after he turned his back on his country to protect his club career as the champions league was more important to him than world cup qualifiers .....never has this country been so divided and deluded with its views than it is in this current day....in saying that Smith should tell them to ram it as a matter of loyalty to the club he loves.

If you were a wee diddy club fan and the national team was all you had, then I could understand the anger. 

Not to be confused with the scum fans who will be furious it’s not tlb. 

5 hours ago, Briton said:

Walter Smith is a decent manager and I'm sure he'd do an okay job for Scotland but I'd rather see a younger more adventurous manager in charge of the national team.

Wow. One of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on here in 10 years. The guy is a legend.