Windass

ForeverAndEver

41 minutes ago, Gustav said:

A lot of it is self inflicted

I agree with that to an extent, posting his celebration on instagram is ill advised at best. Although he wouldn't have done the celebration if he was given better support.

How we support the players and the club must have some effect on how they perform. Otherwise games may as well be played behind closed doors. Adam and McKay are two players of recent years who were given a hard time when both were probably the most talented at the club or one of. It was clear to any mug that the more shite they got from fans the worse they played. 

Windass gets it even worse than those two did because of how open and involved he is on twitter etc.

Some see this as not having the right mentality to play for Rangers, but (as I've said elsewhere) we need to take a look at ourselves too. 

Nicky Law used to gesticulate to supporters and it was clear he couldn't handle abuse from the crowd.

It can't be a coincidence that he and Windass are two of the least physically courageous footballers I've ever seen, at any level. 

This clown doesnt realise how good he has it at our club, but he will one day. If he was interested in a long term future here, should he ever actually prove he’s good enough, then he’d be better served getting the fans on side instead of distancing himself even further with an idiotic gesture. But then he really isnt that clever is he. 

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I agree with that to an extent, posting his celebration on instagram is ill advised at best. Although he wouldn't have done the celebration if he was given better support.

How we support the players and the club must have some effect on how they perform. Otherwise games may as well be played behind closed doors. Adam and McKay are two players of recent years who were given a hard time when both were probably the most talented at the club or one of. It was clear to any mug that the more shite they got from fans the worse they played. 

Windass gets it even worse than those two did because of how open and involved he is on twitter etc.

Some see this as not having the right mentality to play for Rangers, but (as I've said elsewhere) we need to take a look at ourselves too. 

He would be given better support if he wasn't such a shitebag. He fucking hides most games.

As for talent, McKay actually had some, whereas this one would do well at Hackney dug racing.

Celebrating mediocrity is becoming a bit of a theme, so yes, we do need to take a look at ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He would be given better support if he wasn't such a shitebag. He fucking hides most games.

As for talent, McKay actually had some, whereas this one would do well at Hackney dug racing.

Celebrating mediocrity is becoming a bit of a theme, so yes, we do need to take a look at ourselves.

This whole site has become an exercise in celebrating mediocrity. People fawning over the likes of David Bates because we beat Partick Thistle 2-0. 

22 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

People don't like Windass because he's active on twitter?  Give it a rest FFS.

11 minutes ago, gsa said:

This whole site has become an exercise in celebrating mediocrity. People fawning over the likes of David Bates because we beat Partick Thistle 2-0. 

What site you been going on ? If anything peoples expectations on here are to high and any bad result or performance gets absolutely destroyed to pieces.

Windass for all the goals he has scored this year is still a passenger a lot of the time, you can tell he has the attributes but not the attitude nor brains to properly apply himself. If he concentrated on working on his game rather than spending his days on twitter then we could have a player but instead were left with josh fucking windass.

24 minutes ago, gsa said:

I think many people are impressed by the improvement shown by Bates and his performance today was way better than mediocre some of his tackling was superb. 

I'll bite on "talentless prick". 

What's the context here? Talentless in comparison to Laudrup, Gazza or other attacking players of the 9iar years? Or talentless compared to attacking players in the Advocaat, Mcleish or Walter's second spell years?

We haven't a single player who would get in the 9iar or Advocaat teams, could maybe argue a couple to get in in some of the teams Mcleish had particularly during the downsizing towards the end, and a couple to get in walter's second spell e.g. Tav over whittaker or morelos over darcheville 

So I don't think any cunt is arguing Windass is of the standard of the 20 years pre-admin.

But for this league as it is at the minute? He's one of the better players in the league surely? The whole standard of the league is nothing what it was like years back - O'Neill's team would destroy the tranny shagger's, as would Lennon's even. 

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If you verbally abuse Windass then he shhhhs you once he scores why would you be offended? If you can't take it don't dish it out. Some right precious wee flowers on here. Probably raging because he proved them wrong. 

As for saying you are entitled to verbally abuse players because you pay for a ticket... get real. I pay my barbers wages but I don't verbally abuse him. Mostly because he has an open razor.  Lol. In fact anyone care to tell me a of a job where you are actually paid to be verbally abused by strangers?

What has he done to prove anybody wrong? 

Epitomises where we are as a team right now. Inconsistent, petulant, privileged and fails to understand the weight of jersey he is fortunate enough to pull on. 

May also be a bit of an analogy of modern football.

Either way, he is a decent player but he is completely out of touch if he thinks a half decent goal against Partick Thistle gives him the high ground on the Rangers support.

Better served to get his head down and Work on his decision making and his consistency instead of thinking he has made it in the game. 

I think fans moan and groan because most know there is a player in there. Some say he’s lazy and hides and again I think fans know he’s got a whole lot more to give and that’s where the frustration comes in.

Some just want to compare him unfairly to his dad whereas others want to complain about his hair cut or his twitter but it wasn’t that long ago where everyone was howling and laughing about all the stuff in the states.

He’s 24 and only 24 so he’s still petulant especially as he gets stick. Keep firing in the goals and assists and I’ll get over it and so should others.

I believe he probably reads all the shite on the forums and internet whereas he probably try stay away from it especially if it’s going to get inside his head.

Onwards to Ayr ?

The thing with this guy is despite the length of time he's been here he obviously hasn't grasped what this club means to its support. He clearly still doesn't understand just what a privileged position he's in to wear that blue jersey week in week out and obviously hasn't learned how to conduct himself when wearing it. 

When I think of the absolute dogs abuse dished out to the likes of Mcoist during his early days I can't remember him ever displaying petulance like that. There's a very good reason for that though, he knew full well had he done what Windass did big Wallace would have pinned him against a wall the minute he set foot in the dressing room.

A certain Jimmy Nicol used to share that dressing room with wee Ally at that time and I'd be hopeful that at  some point this morning he'd be having a word with the boy and use the Mcoist example as motivation. The hero status has to be earned here and not taken as granted. Windlass has improved lately but has a long long way to go in terms of work rate and sheer effort before he can consider himself a Rangers player. In the meantime somebody at that club had better be putting him straight on EXACTLY what's expected of him and who it is that pays his wages.

Took his goal well but so would have Dorrans,Morellos,Cummings,Murphy who can all play there and are better all round players...

He was standing on the ball,couldnae trap a baw , fell over it and passed to every red and yellow shirt there and also his assist to Tav was behind him and only Tav's skill made it happen.

Any decent offer in the Summer must be accepted.

7 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If you verbally abuse Windass then he shhhhs you once he scores why would you be offended? If you can't take it don't dish it out. Some right precious wee flowers on here. Probably raging because he proved them wrong. 

As for saying you are entitled to verbally abuse players because you pay for a ticket... get real. I pay my barbers wages but I don't verbally abuse him. Mostly because he has an open razor.  Lol. In fact anyone care to tell me a of a job where you are actually paid to be verbally abused by strangers?

I posted elsewhere D&D - jobs where abuse is expected. Try the ref for one at last night’s game - or any other game for that matter. Just think of any game you’ve been at and the abuse he receives. Tell me one instance when a ref reacts? 

Also I ref at youth amateur level. Try running a youth football team? Parents complaining their boy isn’t picked of gets subbed or doesn’t get on when he’s a sub? Players not turning up on the morning of the game etc etc  And he doesn’t even get paid? 

Nah, he’s on thousands a week and while I think some fans are OTT, it was s stupid act - not quite Ian Black or Canmy Fraser level but needless and unjustified. 

put it this way - I think Murty will have had a word and you’ll find he won’t react again.