Windass

ForeverAndEver

14 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Perhaps if our social media based support stopped abusing him online via twitter and FB etc he might not react in the same way.

Folk going on about him not being Rangers class blah blah blah, since when was it Rangers class to abuse our own players everytime they make a bad pass or missed opportunity or have an "off" game? Class in this instance works both ways and sometimes a very large proportion of our support would struggle to spell it far less be able to show it.

He needs spoken to by the manager and warned off social media as it is obviously having an impact on how he conducts himself on and off the field. You cannae go on FB, Insta etc and act all Billy big nuts then he will get it right back at him. But if the support abuse him they get all self righteous and bleat like sheep when he has a sly dig back.

Just my two bobs worth

Fans pay to watch Rangers while the players get paid handsomely so it's not as if we're dealing with people in the same situation

There's obviously no excuse for over the top personal abuse and social media can be bad for that but I think you're dealing with a small amount of people that would cross the line. In the overall picture though players should be able to deal with some stick and accept the right of the support to give them it when they're in such a privileged position

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you think the crowd getting on players backs is a new thing you haven’t been watching us long. 

Yeah I get your point, but some handle it better than others. Social media definitely doesn't help though IMO and as we can see, exacerbates the problem.

For the record I didn't think he had too bad a game last night. Can I say that on this thread? :whistle:

Oh, and just the 45 years btw :rangers:

7 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Yeah I get your point, but some handle it better than others. Social media definitely doesn't help though IMO and as we can see, exacerbates the problem.

For the record I didn't think he had too bad a game last night. Can I say that on this thread? :whistle:

Oh, and just the 45 years btw :rangers:

I would ban social media for the players, it’s never going to end well. 

It's frustrating. On the one hand, the abuse he gets is almost bizarre. He can fade in and out of games and his decision making can be found wanting at times but considering he's been one of our most productive players this season, there's no reason why he can't continue to improve on that going forward.

On the other hand, things like last night won't endear you to the fans either - and rightfully so, it's all a bit petty. 

I feel like this will likely end up with him not signing a new deal, moving away for a mediocre fee and thriving elsewhere - and neither side will be particularly bothered that it didn't work out because it seems like there's always going to be a disconnect there between the fans and Windass.

Personally I'm not that fussed about shhing etc but I wasn't in that crowd last night. Might some folk need to be willing to take a response after dishing out abuse? Maybe, it's not really for me to say. 

Just now, McKissock said:

It's frustrating. On the one hand, the abuse he gets is almost bizarre. He can fade in and out of games and his decision making can be found wanting at times but considering he's been one of our most productive players this season, there's no reason why he can't continue to improve on that going forward.

On the other hand, things like last night won't endear you to the fans either - and rightfully so, it's all a bit petty. 

I feel like this will likely end up with him not signing a new deal, moving away for a mediocre fee and thriving elsewhere - and neither side will be particularly bothered that it didn't work out because it seems like there's always going to be a disconnect there between the fans and Windass.

Personally I'm not that fussed about shhing etc but I wasn't in that crowd last night. Might some folk need to be willing to take a response after dishing out abuse? Maybe, it's not really for me to say. 

Cant see him thriving anywhere tbh, his attitude seems to be if he can have 2 or 3 good games it means he can not bother his arse for the next 4/5 and I don't see that changing.

48 minutes ago, McKissock said:

Made me laugh a bit.

I sit on a supporters bus and listen to the absolute bollocks supporters spout about players. Real fucking rubbish.

Some folk just don't have a fucking clue in the first place, so there is no chance they would consider the right of reply for a player to be valid. 

Edit: I am not defending Windass, he blows more cold than hot as a player, but the outrage is a bit tedious. At least he's not as bad as Halliday........

4 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Another spice boy like Harry Forrester! Time he grew up!! Doesn't have even half the class to be a Rangers player. Cardoso , Candeias and Dodoo conduct themselves far better even if they are not the fans favourites at the moment.

Not sure how Candeias is mentioned in same breath as the other two. We'd be a lot worse off without Candeias.

But aye, I get your point. 

7 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Another spice boy like Harry Forrester! Time he grew up!! Doesn't have even half the class to be a Rangers player. Cardoso , Candeias and Dodoo conduct themselves far better even if they are not the fans favourites at the moment.

Windass is better than all the players mentioned there

What he did was petty , but hardly a shooting offence , GM & JN will have a word with him and put him straight . 

But some of the personal abuse at the game directed towards him was poor to say the least. 

A frustrating player , but needs supported not abuse. 

You expect this from a teenager not someone of the age of Windass. Far better players at Ibrox have taken far worse abuse than him and not spat the dummy out. Sadly there is a player there but he will never achieve his potential with the attitude and work ethic of a spoilt brat.