Windass

ForeverAndEver

This thread highlights what a stupid decision it was last night to celebrate in that way.

8 pages of debate about his ability, his attitude etc. instead of the focus being on a really good run and finish at the end of a really good move from us.

It’s like Tav giving the ref on Saturday the opportunity to give a penalty Windass has given the supporters the chance to slate him.

He simply as to become a man. Take accountability for his actions good or bad.

I don't really care to be honest. We can give it out to him, he can give it out to us. He gets the most stick in the whole team despite being one of our top 3/4 players. If he feels annoyed by the constant stick even when he's playing well then I couldn't really care if he celebrates like that, not going to lose any sleep over it. 

57 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

If he scores and assists every game he can do all the ssshhhhing he likes. 

He did pass tav the ball but I wouldn’t really class it as a assist tbh.

he was minging in first half but improved in second,he just needs to man up a bit for me and take criticism on chin and rather than ‘ssshhh’ the fans actually do his talking on pitch.

Just now, Broxi said:

I don't really care to be honest. We can give it out to him, he can give it out to us. He gets the most stick in the whole team despite being one of our top 3/4 players. If he feels annoyed by the constant stick even when he's playing well then I couldn't really care if he celebrates like that, not going to lose any sleep over it. 

If he doesn't like the stick he should knuckle down and stop acting like a bellend and it will stop.

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

If he doesn't like the stick he should knuckle down and stop acting like a bellend and it will stop.

Usually it should be "if he doesn't like the stick he should start playing well and scoring" which he is. 

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

Fans pay to watch Rangers while the players get paid handsomely so it's not as if we're dealing with people in the same situation

There's obviously no excuse for over the top personal abuse and social media can be bad for that but I think you're dealing with a small amount of people that would cross the line. In the overall picture though players should be able to deal with some stick and accept the right of the support to give them it when they're in such a privileged position

I do agree . But players are all different. I'm not sure how i would react if i was in his position. He probably just feels relief more than anything when he scores, as a team they are always under pressure. When you score a goal its just raw emotion. Either way he has to improve his consistency, if he does, he will find that stick from fans would decrease. 

Just now, Gustav said:

The majority of the stick he gets isn't for his performances it's for his attitude.

I give him stick for both tbf. He’s pish. The epitome of a loser English lower league player. He’ll be quite happy to score the odd goal through the season and never win anything, because that’s exactly what these guys are told is acceptable at Accrington Stanley and the likes. Finishing second in the Championship is treated like winning the Champion League by these guys. Very few have the mental capacity to push beyond that and understand that winning is the only option at Rangers. 

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Usually it should be "if he doesn't like the stick he should start playing well and scoring" which he is. 

Which he isn’t. ??

1 great game in 5 and popping up with the occasional goal doesn’t make a superstar. 

Hes another Nicky Law, does very little 90% of the time scores a goal and feels he has justified his weeks wage. 

36 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This thread highlights what a stupid decision it was last night to celebrate in that way.

8 pages of debate about his ability, his attitude etc. instead of the focus being on a really good run and finish at the end of a really good move from us.

It’s like Tav giving the ref on Saturday the opportunity to give a penalty Windass has given the supporters the chance to slate him.

He simply as to become a man. Take accountability for his actions good or bad.

Personality I think it has greater implications than this one incident. It shows me the player is still not 100% clear of what will pass as acceptable behaviour at this club and I've got more of an issue with that to be honest. 

They have to know what it means to play for Rangers and everything that entails. It used to be that having the talent was just enough to get you in the door at Ibrox, nothing more. If you wanted to make it here you had to apply yourself and conduct yourself in a manner befitting the club's stature in the game. Windlass has done none of that. 

I'm also not buying this horse shit that modern players don't react well to the old authoritarian methods. There has to be respect otherwise the whole thing comes down around  you. All the top men in the game have it and given our proud history this is the last club in the country that should be deviating from that path. 

36 minutes ago, Gustav said:

It wouldnt stop. He's a totally different player under Murty, the stick hasn't stopped.

He's given pelters by fans yet they're the first to greet like wee wean's when he gives it back.

He should give up social media for a while.

Just now, Big Al II said:

It wouldnt stop. He's a totally different player under Murty, the stick hasn't stopped.

He's given pelters by fans yet they're the first to greet like wee wean's when he gives it back.

He should give up social media for a while.

Proves my point, he's getting stick despite playing well, it's his attitude not his performances.

Interesting that it seems to have taken the media reporting of a 'sshhhh' and the accompanying photographs of it to prompt Murty into declaring a need to have discussion with Windass about the gesture to the fans.  Maybe its not really an issue at Ibrox since the Club uses a photo of the 'sshhhh' gesture in its own website so there is clearly no real concern at Rangers about the gesture.   The talk by Murty would then perhaps just be a talk for appearances sake (a gesture even) to quell the media (and social media) discussions.    Storm in a proverbial teacup is a conclusion that the Club is quite likely to make and then quietly move on.

Windass does seem to be uniquely clueless though.  Aside from his gesture he's been on the receiving end of criticism -  or shall we be more generous and call it kindly creative advice -  not just in social media forums but from his own manager.  More than once we've heard Murty single out Windass for public comment - usually a mix of some praise for snippets of good work and then some exasperation about other aspects of his game that need to be improved.   Its not as if the stuff he is hearing is just coming from fans.....or has he done a 'sshhh' thing to Murty too as a way of telling him to pipe down and leave him alone?

He plays for Glasgow Rangers but all too often he comes across in his overall standard of play as thinking he is playing for Accrington Rangers where his fading out of games or lack of effort to fight for the cause it is less noticeable, or important in his mind and as a result more acceptable to him.    

There comes a tipping point with players at big Clubs like Rangers when it becomes clear to them that they either make it and thrive at the Club or don't make it and its the journey to the exit door that they must follow.   He's been given gilt edged opportunity under Warburton, Pedro and now Murty to make it and to show that he's not just got what it takes but is actually delivering to a high standard on a consistent basis.  In my estimation he has not been able or willing to take his opportunity so for me it looks far more like the exit door beckoning than it does his becoming a recognised top notch first team performer.   

If only the boy had the wit to do his silly bow celebration then he could have got the plaudits for his goal and assist.

I have no idea why but have never taken to him since he arrived, yes he seems to have good stats but his whole game contribution is normally poor.

I assume someone will have a wee word and explain that taking the piss of the people who pay his wages is not a great idea. :happy: