*** The Official Ayr United v Rangers Thread ***

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Ffs man gee it a rest

I wasn't comparing teams, players or even quality, and it was a tad tongue in cheek  however, simply scoring 5 goals in about 20 minutes regardless of opposition it was pretty decent to watch. We've hardly done that in years! For years we have always lacked a cutting edge up top, and we'll very possibly revert to type in our next game but i can't remember the last game we actually looked like scoring a shit load of goals. Also my bet came up so maybe my judgement is being clouded somewhat :lol:

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Agreed, however, this may be little controversial, I still he can offer something from the bench. I think many, understandably to an extent, have completely written him off but IMO he is still a very solid squad option to have in certain games where and when needed. Used well he still have that experience and know how to help in some situations. Good to finally have players coming back. The sooner everyone is back the better. 

I'm also not ready to write off Miller either, all he has to do now is hang around the 18yrd box, their is no need for him wandering all around the park with the signings we have brought in, 

13 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Aye I dunno why we play him in his natural position either

I have seen nothing from him on the left side, he keeps coming in onto his right foot so I think he should be given a chance on the right.

I have never been fan of playing players on the opposite side from their main foot. 

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

I'm also not ready to write off Miller either, all he has to do now is hang around the 18yrd box, their is no need for him wandering all around the park with the signings we have brought in, 

Hopefully if he plays a part, having more midfield options means that when he does play he plays further up the field. He still has a knack of scoring big goals in big games. In and around the final third he can still be a threat IMO........

3 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

I think given time to develop, a Cummings/Morelos front pairing could absolutely tear it up. 

This would make me so happy if they could. 1 up front  is only acceptable at the piggery Imo. I’d persevere with Cummings and Morelos and with Candeias and Murphy with Dorrans when back could be powerful when we are attacking 

Archived