*** The Official Ayr United v Rangers Thread ***

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd say the praise is as unwarranted, and say those criticising are probably in the minority now. Can't say I've particularly noticed last season's performance being used against him for his ability now.

Anyways, he done well today apart from a lapse which wasn't costly in the end. Plenty positives today along with a Wes howler to be concentrating on how the centre halves got on.

In what way is the praise been unwarranted? I have praised him but wouldn't say any of it has been unwarranted at all, i have said he is the best actual defender at the club in terms of marking/tackling. I haven't made any bold predictions of him becoming a superstar or any nonsense like that.

His performances last season were used against him by a few on here which is absurd, then we had someone genuinely raging about the handball that wasn't awarded at easter road and using that against him.

38 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Alfredo Morelos is the best striker we’ve had since Jelavic 

thought him and Cummings worked very well together up front and that was their first time really - their partnership will grow 

i don't think it will be given the chance. Unless we get Morton or somebody like that in the next round he will stick with the main striker option. Murtys post match interview points in that direction.

Just now, cushynumber said:

i don't think it will be given the chance. Unless we get Morton or somebody like that in the next round he will stick with the main striker option. Murtys post match interview points in that direction.

Yeah, get the feeling he was just taking the chance to experiment with it against a lower league team 

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

If you slow it down it's very obvious why it's happened. 

Genuinely not his fault all things considered. 

He was literally right next to the goal, bobble or not it's a horrid miss from that distance and an open goal to boot. 

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Nope. We will only see it against lower level sides. I'd put my house on him playing one up top again next game sadly 

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

In what way is the praise been unwarranted? I have praised him but wouldn't say any of it has been unwarranted at all, i have said he is the best actual defender at the club in terms of marking/tackling. I haven't made any bold predictions of him becoming a superstar or any nonsense like that.

His performances last season were used against him by a few on here which is absurd, then we had someone genuinely raging about the handball that wasn't awarded at easter road and using that against him.

I never said from you specifically.

For instance, I've read that he's the best defender at the club. He's not even the best CH.

Why shouldn't he be criticised for the stupidity of the handball at Hivs? He got away with it that day, stupid decision to make should have cost us a penalty. It's daft is someone was raging that it wasn't given. It's far from daft to be annoyed at him for his action.

Any way, you seem pissed off on what is a good day so I'll leave it at that for now until @gsa comes on and riles you and sets you off again.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

just as an aside - Somerset park had more fans in it today than Pittodrie has now.

:rofl::lol: 

They are a wee diddy club at the end of the day.

We both know the next time their midden will be close to capacity is when they play us after the split :UK:

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He was literally right next to the goal, bobble or not it's a horrid miss from that distance and an open goal to boot. 

Milliseconds to react to the bobble.

Him scoring his first says more about him missing that chance. Fantastic finish. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I never said from you specifically.

For instance, I've read that he's the best defender at the club. He's not even the best CH.

Why shouldn't he be criticised for the stupidity of the handball at Hivs? He got away with it that day, stupid decision to make should have cost us a penalty. It's daft is someone was raging that it wasn't given. It's far from daft to be annoyed at him for his action.

Any way, you seem pissed off on what is a good day so I'll leave it at that for now until @gsa comes on and riles you and sets you off again.

He is the best defender at the club imo, who is better?

He misjudged the flight of the ball after it took a deflection, it was hardly the crime of the century.

If @gsawants to talk absolute shite and say he is highland league standard, plays like he has never seen a football or challenges me to count how many times he gives the ball away then it's only fair that i challenge him on it. 

You took it upon yourself to answer for him so if anyone seems pissed off i would say it's yourself.

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Milliseconds to react to the bobble.

Him scoring his first says more about him missing that chance. Fantastic finish. 

Exactly,  His finish on the half volley was a cracker, very hard to take but he made a great job of it.

17 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

just as an aside - Somerset park had more fans in it today than Pittodrie has now.

Good old fashioned ground with a decent capacity and at least there wasn't too many police standing in the way blocking your view btw it was good to see not one player wearing gloves keepers aside.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He is the best defender at the club imo, who is better?

He misjudged the flight of the ball after it took a deflection, it was hardly the crime of the century.

If @gsawants to talk absolute shite and say he is highland league standard, plays like he has never seen a football or challenges me to count how many times he gives the ball away then it's only fair that i challenge him on it. 

You took it upon yourself to answer for him so if anyone seems pissed off i would say it's yourself.

Mccrorie and Tav are 2 better players who are defenders. And I'd say more valuable in a financial asset sense too.

Bates is improving but it's telling that we've not tied him up with a new contract yet, nor has any other club seized this wonderful opportunity and got him on a pre contract.

What are you on about man with crime off the century stuff? Has anyone even suggested it was that big a deal other than you in your defence of the guy? Stupid decision, got away with it. That pretty much sums it up.

Think you've got your knickers in a right twist needlessly.

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Mccrorie and Tav are 2 better players who are defenders. And I'd say more valuable in a financial asset sense too.

Bates is improving but it's telling that we've not tied him up with a new contract yet, nor has any other club seized this wonderful opportunity and got him on a pre contract.

What are you on about man with crime off the century stuff? Has anyone even suggested it was that big a deal other than you in your defence of the guy? Stupid decision, got away with it. That pretty much sums it up.

Think you've got your knickers in a right twist needlessly.

I can think of a few goals that McCrorie has cost us and if it was big Bates he would be getting pelters for them.

Actual defending, positioning/tackling and awareness i would say Bates is better but Tav is a better footballer and is streets ahead in other attributes.

Yes, smell the hotdog went on and on about ut everytime Bates' name was brought up but he appears to be warming to him now.

I would say it is you who has your knickers in a twist needlessly as i did address my post to @gsa but you started replying:lol:

Archived