Bronzy

*** The Official Ayr United v Rangers Thread ***

4 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Worst miss I’ve saw since Cummings at hibs ?to be fair he didn’t give one fuck and tucked his next one away perfectly 

All over social media :lol: 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I seen the misjudged header, @gsa was particularly focused on the amount of times he gives the ball away whilst passing.

Think it's widely accepted his distribution has been poor in a good number of games. Many of those who rate him say the same but attempt to justify it somehow ie he's young, or that it's not that important due to other attributes ie tackling, physicality.

Do you disagree?

Today it was spot on. Happy to give him the credit he deserves. Not sure the problem in criticising too when deserved.

That was pretty good on the whole, I actually didn't think the first half was all that bad considering it being away in the cup on a poor pitch, maybe I easy pleased, and the 2nd half there was some good football played.

Played well. Expecting that kind of result against opposition like that so I’ll not be getting ahead of myself. 

Hard to believe we struggled against shite like that every week a few years back

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think it's widely accepted his distribution has been poor in a good number of games. Many of those who rate him say the same but attempt to justify it somehow ie he's young, or that it's not that important due to other attributes ie tackling, physicality.

Do you disagree?

Today it was spot on. Happy to give him the credit he deserves. Not sure the problem in criticising too when deserved.

I have criticised his distribution too, not disagreeing at all but @gsa specifically asked me to watch his distribution today and get back to him.

The criticism he receives is totally unwarranted at times on here, the best one is the daft cunts who can't fuck up about him being poor last season and use that as a stick to beat the boy.

Just now, plumbGER said:

I have criticised his distribution too, not disagreeing at all but @gsa specifically asked me to watch his distribution today and get back to him.

The criticism he receives is totally unwarranted at times on here, the best one is the daft cunts who can't fuck up about him being poor last season and use that as a stick to beat the boy.

I'd say the praise is as unwarranted, and say those criticising are probably in the minority now. Can't say I've particularly noticed last season's performance being used against him for his ability now.

Anyways, he done well today apart from a lapse which wasn't costly in the end. Plenty positives today along with a Wes howler to be concentrating on how the centre halves got on.

32 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Missed game but just saw that Morelos miss :lol: worst miss I've ever witnessed 

Nope, not for me, horrendous bounce that resulted in him mishitting it. Its not great to see, but its not van vossen bad

Excellent win in the end, a bit shaky at times in the first half.

48 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Agreed, however, this may be little controversial, I still think he can offer something from the bench. I think many, understandably to an extent, have completely written him off but IMO he is still a very solid squad option to have in certain games where and when needed. Used well he still has that experience and know how to help in some situations. Good to finally have players coming back. The sooner everyone is back the better. 

If cummings and morelos are our best strikers, miller is by some distance 3rd best and by far the best option off the bench. 

4 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Nope, not for me, horrendous bounce that resulted in him mishitting it. Its not great to see, but its not van vossen bad

It is for me was a howling miss, worst I've seen for Donks

9 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Good win in the end. Especially liking the look of Goss. 

Think he’ll be a big player for us

39 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have seen nothing from him on the left side, he keeps coming in onto his right foot so I think he should be given a chance on the right.

I have never been fan of playing players on the opposite side from their main foot. 

:tu: He played in Morelos from the right for our 4th, then he scored coming from the right-mid so you’re making a good point. 

Morelos finish literally 5 mins later is an absolute belter

Just now, The Godfather said:

It is for me was a howling miss, worst I've seen for Donks

I actually thought windlass's header off the bar was worse. would like to see them again  but my gut was a bobble for morelos miss

I like the way Morelos does not hide even when he has a bad miss. That's the sign of a striker with a strong mentality.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I bet he was shiting it - when the one before doesn't go in he knows hes got to score... thought he took it incredibly well. Thought his link up play and attitude was spot on today and he was back to how he should be playing. Real boost for him and us.

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Loved his celebration as well haha

2 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

I like the way Morelos does not hide even when he has a bad miss. That's the sign of a striker with a strong mentality.

Correct.

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd say the praise is as unwarranted, and say those criticising are probably in the minority now. Can't say I've particularly noticed last season's performance being used against him for his ability now.

Anyways, he done well today apart from a lapse which wasn't costly in the end. Plenty positives today along with a Wes howler to be concentrating on how the centre halves got on.

In what way is the praise been unwarranted? I have praised him but wouldn't say any of it has been unwarranted at all, i have said he is the best actual defender at the club in terms of marking/tackling. I haven't made any bold predictions of him becoming a superstar or any nonsense like that.

His performances last season were used against him by a few on here which is absurd, then we had someone genuinely raging about the handball that wasn't awarded at easter road and using that against him.

If I was Murty I would be harassing King to get the wallet out and get Goss on a permanent deal

20 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

Good win in the end, but the first half was brutal. 

First 15 was,we controlled the game afterwards and should have been 2-3 up at half time