*** The Official Ayr United v Rangers Thread ***

Bronzy

50 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

First 15 was,we controlled the game afterwards and should have been 2-3 up at half time

That's what was brutal about the first half, we could've and should've been 2/3 up like you say, but weren't. Just felt like one of those games at half time. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

He is the best defender at the club imo, who is better?

He misjudged the flight of the ball after it took a deflection, it was hardly the crime of the century.

If @gsawants to talk absolute shite and say he is highland league standard, plays like he has never seen a football or challenges me to count how many times he gives the ball away then it's only fair that i challenge him on it. 

You took it upon yourself to answer for him so if anyone seems pissed off i would say it's yourself.

He is Highland League standard. He's an extremely low quality footballer and nowhere near good enough to be part of the club getting back to where we all want. 

He cannot control or pass a football at the standard you'd expect from a professional footballer.

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

He is Highland League standard. He's an extremely low quality footballer and nowhere near good enough to be part of the club getting back to where we all want. 

He cannot control or pass a football at the standard you'd expect from a professional footballer.

giphy.gif.ad7dbde664e51f50d3ae1630bf407276.gif

12 minutes ago, gsa said:

Wrong.

Wrong again.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

In what way is the praise been unwarranted? I have praised him but wouldn't say any of it has been unwarranted at all, i have said he is the best actual defender at the club in terms of marking/tackling. I haven't made any bold predictions of him becoming a superstar or any nonsense like that.

His performances last season were used against him by a few on here which is absurd, then we had someone genuinely raging about the handball that wasn't awarded at easter road and using that against him.

Aye I was beelin, get a grip of yourself.

It was in reply to someone who said he was outstanding against Hibs at Easter Road, he clearly wasn’t.

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Aye I was beelin, get a grip of yourself.

It was in reply to someone who said he was outstanding against Hibs at Easter Road, he clearly wasn’t.

You were,  100% it's not up for debate.

He was excellent at Easter road, you are wrong.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

:thumbup:

He just seems so right footed that I have no idea how he has apparently mostly played on the left. :confused:

Most right footed attacking/wide players nowadays play on the left so they can cut in  even the great Davie Cooper who only had a left foot played a a lot of his career on the right 

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's Rangers for you. 

The inverted winger ( right footed left winger and vice versa) works for almost every big team,  however the way we implement it is all wrong.  Either that or the players don't listen. 

Perfect example is bale and cr7 at real.  9/10 they look to cut in on their stronger foot to shoot.  Robben is probably the best example tho

6 minutes ago, Amato said:

Did Morelos slyly give the Ayr fans the fingers during his celebration or is this just the BBC mischief making? I wondered at the time what he was doing during the celebration!

Screenshot_20180211-195758.thumb.jpg.5197cd9cc17992247c323aa1a1f35ff7.jpg

I would say he's only telling them he's scored 2 goals???? 

15 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Most right footed attacking/wide players nowadays play on the left so they can cut in  even the great Davie Cooper who only had a left foot played a a lot of his career on the right 

The only top player I can think of whose right footed and plays mainly on the right is William at Chelsea.  Literally every other winger plays the opposite wing to their stronger foot yet we are the only ones who complain about it

8 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Don't think these David Bates debates will ever be ending  

You're probably right mate, think he's one of those players who will always split opinion.

Granted he's not the most cultured defender we've ever had but I personally like the guy.

No nonsense, big, physical, good in the air, doesn't fuck about in the tackle, clears his lines. Gives his all. Not slow as a week in the jail either, decent pace on the lad if not rapid.

I know centre halves should have most if not all of the above attributes but ours have been sorely lacking in much of them for longer than I care to remember.

Yep his passing can be brutal at times but you could say the same about our midfielders.

We all know he's not Maldini but he will do a job for us in the spfl.

Reads the game well too, can cover ground quickly to get a last ditch tackle in also.

Wait a minute......Fuck it..

He IS the ginger Maldini :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

You're probably right mate, think he's one of those players who will always split opinion.

Granted he's not the most cultured defender we've ever had but I personally like the guy.

No nonsense, big, physical, good in the air, doesn't fuck about in the tackle, clears his lines. Gives his all. Not slow as a week in the jail either, decent pace on the lad if not rapid.

I know centre halves should have most if not all of the above attributes but ours have been sorely lacking in much of them for longer than I care to remember.

Yep his passing can be brutal at times but you could say the same about our midfielders.

We all know he's not Maldini but he will do a job for us in the spfl.

Reads the game well too, can cover ground quickly to get a last ditch tackle in also.

Wait a minute......Fuck it..

He IS the ginger Maldini :thumbsup:

Being a bit of a random signing from a club like Raith Rovers will probably always leave some questions, he's certainly trying his best though 

This place will be hellish when he actually makes a mistake, which I'm sure he will.

He has been solid and dependable. He is a defender who defends and thats good enough for me.

I dont particularly care about his distribution, if he was playing in midfield that would be different.

The guys lining up to have a go at him need to get a grip. 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Being a bit of a random signing from a club like Raith Rovers will probably always leave some questions, he's certainly trying his best though 

I honestly think he's a terrific defender. By that I mean absolutely no nonsense does the basics cb. He has been steadier than any other cb we have played this season.

He has his limitations but fuck me I wish our other cbs would defend just like him. 

No really interested in the fad of a "ball playing centre back" that's how you get caught out.

Archived