*** The Official Ayr United v Rangers Thread ***

Bronzy

3 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

He IS the ginger Maldini :thumbsup:

I was in the Main Stand at Dens a few years back. A young man, resplendent in Rangers shirt and scarf walked along the gangway that runs along near the front. 

Despite his obvious affinity, he was mercilessly taunted by his fellow Bears with the cry that Ginger hair was not acceptable, as this boy was GINGER. 

It is pleasing to see that we have moved on from those days of rampant Gingerism. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I honestly think he's a terrific defender. By that I mean absolutely no nonsense does the basics cb. He has been steadier than any other cb we have played this season.

He has his limitations but fuck me I wish our other cbs would defend just like him. 

No really interested in the fad of a "ball playing centre back" that's how you get caught out.

Agreed on that principle mate, we really aren't at the level to have CBs like that anyway 

29 minutes ago, Amato said:

Did Morelos slyly give the Ayr fans the fingers during his celebration or is this just the BBC mischief making? I wondered at the time what he was doing during the celebration!

Screenshot_20180211-195758.thumb.jpg.5197cd9cc17992247c323aa1a1f35ff7.jpg

Did they insinuate that he did or are we wanting them to insinuate he did so we can get upset with them?

8 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Being a bit of a random signing from a club like Raith Rovers will probably always leave some questions, he's certainly trying his best though 

100% every game mate. He'll make mistakes I have no doubt but as I said he's a no nonsense defender.

11 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

This place will be hellish when he actually makes a mistake, which I'm sure he will.

He has been solid and dependable. He is a defender who defends and thats good enough for me.

I dont particularly care about his distribution, if he was playing in midfield that would be different.

The guys lining up to have a go at him need to get a grip. 

Music to my ears.

9 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Did they insinuate that he did or are we wanting them to insinuate he did so we can get upset with them?

Neither possibly, I'm just wondering if he did as it would be amusing. 

59 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Most right footed attacking/wide players nowadays play on the left so they can cut in  even the great Davie Cooper who only had a left foot played a a lot of his career on the right 

I know that has happened with wide/wingers for a while, but Murphy seems to be poor with his poor foot and unless it is just trying too hard at the team he supports and he will come good soon, he is not providing the quality of balls we need from the left.

As soon as he might moved more central (away from the left) he scored one and made another.

Hopefully we will find out soon if playing on the left is going to work or not.

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

Don't think these David Bates debates will ever be ending  

Most of us see him for what he is, a defender who defends well, but there are some who don't rate/like him full stop and they will peck away at any blemishes in his game,

If he was an overseas signing that was catapulted into the tim game and impressed ever since like he has done he would have been drooled over, I like the big man and what he does.

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

The inverted winger ( right footed left winger and vice versa) works for almost every big team,  however the way we implement it is all wrong.  Either that or the players don't listen. 

Perfect example is bale and cr7 at real.  9/10 they look to cut in on their stronger foot to shoot.  Robben is probably the best example tho

Yeah, I get that. But like u say, you need Ronaldo, Bale, Robben, Robert etc... For this to work effectively. You also need midfielfers who can score. We have none of these type of player. 

26 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Most of us see him for what he is, a defender who defends well, but there are some who don't rate/like him full stop and they will peck away at any blemishes in his game,

If he was an overseas signing that was catapulted into the tim game and impressed ever since like he has done he would have been drooled over, I like the big man and what he does.

Good point. If Bates was a foreign player people would be labelling him the new amo or something. Underrated due to coming from Raith rovers. 

21 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

He had time to even take a touch and roll the ball in with his ball hair.

He had a fraction of a bawhair to decide to hit it first time like 99.9% of professionals would do, seriously you expect him to realise its bobbled, stop the ball and tap it in in a millisecond? 

Agree to disagree on this one as we won't see the other's viewpoint. 

58 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

I know he scored 2 goals but yet another sitter missed by Morelos. 

If he could actually finish properly he'd have about 30 goals by now.

Yes he should have strategically placed his foot 10 inches off the ground in anticipation of the bobble 

Archived