*** The Official Ayr United v Rangers Thread ***

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Didn't see him misplace a pass. Two misplaced headers first half. Thought he did keeper no favours with pace on the passback although full blame is with Wes.

Second half, only error was a complete midjudgement of the ball in the air with their forward missing the chance it created.

A good performance, better with ball than of late, perfectly competent with what he faced though it wasnt much.

I seen the misjudged header, @gsa was particularly focused on the amount of times he gives the ball away whilst passing.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I seen the misjudged header, @gsa was particularly focused on the amount of times he gives the ball away whilst passing.

Think it's widely accepted his distribution has been poor in a good number of games. Many of those who rate him say the same but attempt to justify it somehow ie he's young, or that it's not that important due to other attributes ie tackling, physicality.

Do you disagree?

Today it was spot on. Happy to give him the credit he deserves. Not sure the problem in criticising too when deserved.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think it's widely accepted his distribution has been poor in a good number of games. Many of those who rate him say the same but attempt to justify it somehow ie he's young, or that it's not that important due to other attributes ie tackling, physicality.

Do you disagree?

Today it was spot on. Happy to give him the credit he deserves. Not sure the problem in criticising too when deserved.

I have criticised his distribution too, not disagreeing at all but @gsa specifically asked me to watch his distribution today and get back to him.

The criticism he receives is totally unwarranted at times on here, the best one is the daft cunts who can't fuck up about him being poor last season and use that as a stick to beat the boy.

Just now, plumbGER said:

I have criticised his distribution too, not disagreeing at all but @gsa specifically asked me to watch his distribution today and get back to him.

The criticism he receives is totally unwarranted at times on here, the best one is the daft cunts who can't fuck up about him being poor last season and use that as a stick to beat the boy.

I'd say the praise is as unwarranted, and say those criticising are probably in the minority now. Can't say I've particularly noticed last season's performance being used against him for his ability now.

Anyways, he done well today apart from a lapse which wasn't costly in the end. Plenty positives today along with a Wes howler to be concentrating on how the centre halves got on.

32 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Missed game but just saw that Morelos miss :lol: worst miss I've ever witnessed 

Nope, not for me, horrendous bounce that resulted in him mishitting it. Its not great to see, but its not van vossen bad

48 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Agreed, however, this may be little controversial, I still think he can offer something from the bench. I think many, understandably to an extent, have completely written him off but IMO he is still a very solid squad option to have in certain games where and when needed. Used well he still has that experience and know how to help in some situations. Good to finally have players coming back. The sooner everyone is back the better. 

If cummings and morelos are our best strikers, miller is by some distance 3rd best and by far the best option off the bench. 

39 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have seen nothing from him on the left side, he keeps coming in onto his right foot so I think he should be given a chance on the right.

I have never been fan of playing players on the opposite side from their main foot. 

:tu: He played in Morelos from the right for our 4th, then he scored coming from the right-mid so you’re making a good point. 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Morelos finish literally 5 mins later is an absolute belter

I bet he was shiting it - when the one before doesn't go in he knows hes got to score... thought he took it incredibly well. Thought his link up play and attitude was spot on today and he was back to how he should be playing. Real boost for him and us.

Archived