Best away performers

euanRFC

Just read an article on Josh Windass and it stated that Rangers are the best away performers in the league (currently on goal difference)

Obviously that’s a positive, but just shows how shocking we have been at ibrox this season!

Cant explain why the players bottle it! 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Sometimes i think the players get affected by the atmosphere at Ibrox. I love the place but it can be so fucking negative sometimes, even when we are winning comfotably.

It's horrendous

Cunts wanting to moan after the first 3 minutes rather than get behind the team 

5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Sometimes i think the players get affected by the atmosphere at Ibrox. I love the place but it can be so fucking negative sometimes, even when we are winning comfotably.

Never felt it negative when we are winning. 

When we are getting run over in the midfield for the countless time this season, can’t string 2 passes together and look like we couldn’t give a fuck, aye it gets pretty negative then. 

5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm still not fully buying into this idea that we don't have the character or bottle to play at Ibrox. We've shown immense resilience and spirit in the toughest away games this season. You dont put in those life and death performances away to Hibs, celtic and Aberdeen and shit the bed at home to Hamilton, Killie and the likes. 

I thinks it's more technical than that. You can tell within 5 minutes that it's going to be a long slog. We're horrifically slow, move side to side with 3 or 4 touches, with no midfielders willing to knock the ball in behind or into feet and run off, and generally play right in front of and ask no questions of teams happy to sit back

Think that the biggest issue at home is that teams sit in and although we’ve got better quality when matched up like for like, we aren’t that much better that we can break down stubborn defences with a bit of individual class like we used to do (ala de Boer or the likes). 

Away games are more open and that’s when we can match up with them. 

Atmosphere is also fucking dreadful. I swear people arrive angry before we start and it goes down hill from there. 

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

I'm still not fully buying into this idea that we don't have the character or bottle to play at Ibrox. We've shown immense resilience and spirit in the toughest away games this season. You dont put in those life and death performances away to Hibs, celtic and Aberdeen and shit the bed at home to Hamilton, Killie and the likes. 

I thinks it's more technical than that. You can tell within 5 minutes that it's going to be a long slog. We're horrifically slow, move side to side with 3 or 4 touches, with no midfielders willing to knock the ball in behind or into feet and run off, and generally play right in front of and ask no questions of teams happy to sit back

There is definitley a diffirence in home and away support. When is the last time a fan ran onto the pitch at Ibrox after scoring against St Johnstone. You can hear the groans at Ibrox everytime the ball is passed back to Wes. Or everytime a long ball doesn't pay off. At home we are expected to lead on the front foot and teams to sit in. Away games, we know they are gonna come at us which i think lowers expectations.

41 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think that the biggest issue at home is that teams sit in and although we’ve got better quality when matched up like for like, we aren’t that much better that we can break down stubborn defences with a bit of individual class like we used to do (ala de Boer or the likes). 

Atmosphere is also fucking dreadful. I swear people arrive angry before we start and it goes down hill from there. 

This idea that teams sit in against us sounds good but I don't think it's true at all.  Teams know they can get joy against us packing the midfield and pressing us high up the pitch.  Twice Hibs have came to Ibrox pressed high and at times looked like the home team.  We're not dominating games at home the way we should be.

Also, if Rangers players can't handle shouting from the stands then they're way out of their depth here and should be playing for a much smaller club.  Mentally toughness is required to handle the expectation and pressure that comes with being a Rangers player.

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Teams sit in with ten men behind the ball and pack their defence, yet we play with a solo striker up front and expect him to dig us out everytime. 

Constantly give teams far too much respect at Ibrox. Genuinely our back 4 should pretty much be on the halfway line and we should be going 2 up top against everyone but celtic. Away from home our system works and we're doing really well, but Murty really has to switch it up a bit at Ibrox.

Add in that our home fans moan at everyone and it just leads to a negative vibe.

I’ve said it since September were going to regret this season and we will, badly. 

Even just winning the Hibs game last week and beating Hamilton and we’d only be 5 behind regardless of how bad we’ve been when you add all the results into the mix. That’s how bad we’ve been when you take it like that

9 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

It's horrendous

Cunts wanting to moan after the first 3 minutes rather than get behind the team 

Surely not @Rfc52, oh wait...

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Never felt it negative when we are winning. 

When we are getting run over in the midfield for the countless time this season, can’t string 2 passes together and look like we couldn’t give a fuck, aye it gets pretty negative then. 

59 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Constantly give teams far too much respect at Ibrox. Genuinely our back 4 should pretty much be on the halfway line and we should be going 2 up top against everyone but celtic. Away from home our system works and we're doing really well, but Murty really has to switch it up a bit at Ibrox.

Add in that our home fans moan at everyone and it just leads to a negative vibe.

Couldn't agree more, 2 up top has to be the way to go at home. We're still yet to see Morelos and Cummings on the same pitch which is depressing. 

27 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Problem at home is that teams sit back and unless we score early the crowd gets on the players backs which they can't seem to handle 

The crowd gets on players backs when they start hiding and making stupid mistakes, nothing to do with scoring early.