Fan base in Scotland.

Chineseboy

This shouldn't be another one of these 'we have a problem,  someone needs to sort it'  discussion.  We all need to do our duty and bring new blood to games or supporting remotely.  One of the best days of my life was taking the daughters to their first game.  We have a responsibility to each do what we can.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Chineseboy said:

Do we have a bigger fan base in Scotland now than before we went to the lower leagues? The crowds certainly seem bigger, and I would say we vastly outnumber the scum in terms of support in Scotland. However, when I watched the New Years game in Edinburgh recently, I was surprised there were more taigs in the pub. Never used to be like that. Anyway, as I don't live in Scotland anymore, and haven't for many a year, I was just wondering what people's views were on this.

They have just came out the woodwork and always wear their tops or trackies or just a polo shirt. They were always there, they were just ashamed to wear their merch. And the glory hunters that have never set a foot in parkhead yet akwayscwear their tops or the Irish tricolour. Got a family of cunts like that at the end of my street. I've probably been in Ireland more than them and defo been in parkheid more times than them. 

1 minute ago, jamess said:

This shouldn't be another one of these 'we have a problem,  someone needs to sort it'  discussion.  We all need to do our duty and bring new blood to games or supporting remotely.  One of the best days of my life was taking the daughters to their first game.  We have a responsibility to each do what we can.

I took my oldest son to his first game with help from @Bears r us  couldn't have done it without that help. I stood at the top of the stairs filming my sons face as he walked up those stairs and saw the pitch and whole stadium for the first time. It was, and still is some video. Just wish someone had done the same for me on my first time walking to the top of the stairs. I even think it was the same staircase I first walked up. @Bears r us didn't have a clue about that. I know I have thanked you many times for that, but thanks again. Literally a once in a lifetime experience. Cheers. 

6 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I took my oldest son to his first game with help from @Bears r us  couldn't have done it without that help. I stood at the top of the stairs filming my sons face as he walked up those stairs and saw the pitch and whole stadium for the first time. It was, and still is some video. Just wish someone had done the same for me on my first time walking to the top of the stairs. I even think it was the same staircase I first walked up. @Bears r us didn't have a clue about that. I know I have thanked you many times for that, but thanks again. Literally a once in a lifetime experience. Cheers. 

I did not know about it being your lad's first game mate, and you have thanked me many times :thumbup:it did not seem much of a big deal for me to help out a fellow Bear at the time, but really glad it had a special meaning for you and your son. :cheers:

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I did not know about it being your lad's first game mate, and you have thanked me many times :thumbup:it did not seem much of a big deal for me to help out a fellow Bear at the time, but really glad it had a special meaning for you and your son. :cheers:

Yeah, I remember you saying it wasn't a big deal for you. But considering just a couple of months before, a lot, if not all for a very brief time didn't think we would ever get in those turnstiles ever again, I had to take my son to our first (and his proper first) game at Ibrox since we thought that. And due to a faulty PC and forgetting my Rangers number. @Bears r us came to our rescue. Thanks again. :-)

34 minutes ago, jamess said:

Took my boy 25years ago and remembered the first time my dad took me, can’t wait to take my granddaughter..

6 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Took my boy 25years ago and remembered the first time my dad took me, can’t wait to take my granddaughter. 

I don't have any grandkids yet,  but the daughters have been told I will be expecting to take any kids to ibrox. I think enough of us understand our duty.

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yeah, I remember you saying it wasn't a big deal for you. But considering just a couple of months before, a lot, if not all for a very brief time didn't think we would ever get in those turnstiles ever again, I had to take my son to our first (and his proper first) game at Ibrox since we thought that. And due to a faulty PC and forgetting my Rangers number. @Bears r us came to our rescue. Thanks again. :-)

:thumbup:

We should be glad RM was up and running and we were both members, because without seeing your post I would never have been able to help. RM the best Rangers forum IMO. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, jamess said:

I don't have any grandkids yet,  but the daughters have been told I will be expecting to take any kids to ibrox. I think enough of us understand our duty.

Daughters expecting twins and my boy and his bird are getting a house this year, so they better start popping wee Bears/Bearettes.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

:thumbup:

We should be glad RM was up and running and we were both members, because without seeing your post I would never have been able to help. RM the best Rangers forum IMO. :cheers:

100%. That's why I get pissed off at people treating it like the OT and called it sacred the other day. A lot of memories have been created and immortalized on this site and especially the BD. 

7 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Daughters expecting twins and my boy and his bird are getting a house this year, so they better start popping wee Bears/Bearettes.

Sometimes it happens by itself,  sometimes it takes someone who see's its a war to intervene and make it happen. Just down to how many of us are bothered to do something to maintain the support.

8 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I can imagine. I think when my dad goes, I won't be able to listen to Paisley Road West ever again. 

RIP To your old boy. 

Thank you mate he died a good few years ago. In life there’s only two certainties, death and taxes, what’s important is we pass on what was instilled in us to the next generations, dark forces have tried and continue to try to kill our Club but they’ll never succeed.

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

South of the border there is generally little interest in Scottish football but those that are interested predominently side with us.  Go in any pub on OF day and there is a significant majority favouring us.  

The quintessentially British club or an organisation who support numerous terrorist groups and facilitated a Paedophile ring. Not surprising really.

The comments about NI support rings true.   There are several plane loads going to watch either Liverpool or Man U games.  Go on the Kop at Anfield and you will see plenty of NI or Ulster scarves.   Ask them and they will tell you they follow Rangers but the attraction of Scottish football can’t compete with the EPL.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I do rack my brains to think of anybody I know to be Scottish, Catholic, and not follow them, and I can't. 

Even people I know whom aren't into sport, would still identify with them, if not actively support them - certainly having an affinity to a stronger degree than somebody from another background that doesn't care much for sport.

It does seem to be a cultural thing there. Casual celtic fans have, in my experience, always been more vocal outside of football about who they support than casual fans of other clubs.

I think RCs feel morally obliged to support them, given the supposed charitable origins of their club. On the other hand non-RCs are not subjected to emotional blackmail and are free to support any club we choose. Although I’ll never understand any Protestant who claims to feel comfortable among the celtic support and feels he is much a part of it as the RCs are.

8 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I think RCs feel morally obliged to support them, given the supposed charitable origins of their club. On the other hand non-RCs are not subjected to emotional blackmail and are free to support any club we choose. Although I’ll never understand any Protestant who claims to feel comfortable among the celtic support and feels he is much a part of it as the RCs are.

Almost every Scottish celtic fan, if not, everyone, when you explain the difference between Protestant and Catholic, unless they're atheist, realise they have a lot more in common and are actually Protestant. They just never realised it. I love explaining it to them :lol:

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

In our club members with kids born down here bring them to watch games so it’s certainly not shrinking. I know a lot of football fans from Bristol and the vast majority prefer us over Nonce FC, I was in a bar in Vilamoura and 20 of us were belting out the 50p flute song and BJK. I think real football fans have finally woken up to Celtics poisonous politics and rightly despise them. 

It’s shrinking in N.Ireland

Rangers clubs still present all through North America but a few have closed.  Fewer young members are seen at the games and the lower league football didn't help a great deal.  A 3pm kick off in Scotland is 10 am on the east coast and 7am on the west coast (where I live).  Earlier kick offs in Scotland can be very hard to attract any support in supporter's clubs over here.  I'll watch on Rangers TV in the house and much prefer it that way.    Personally speaking, I don't attend games in licensed premises as per a promise made to my wife some years ago.