Non big name players we've sold/let go that have made it big

King_gazza

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Klos had a great contract remember reading at the time he was on like 25-40 grand a week do not know how true that was but he just sat it out picking up the money soured his time at us a bit for me.

McLeish treated him like a cunt near the end iirc.

Klos made a mistake in OF midweek game if I remember rightly,  he never got a look in after that. 

Wouldn’t even use all the fingers on one hand the number of mistakes Klos made.

14 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

McLeish treated him like a cunt near the end iirc.

Klos made a mistake in OF midweek game if I remember rightly,  he never got a look in after that. 

Wouldn’t even use all the fingers on one hand the number of mistakes Klos made.

Harsh on eck, klos got crocked, eck brought in wattereus who played fantastic for us and was a main reason we got to cl last 16, klos took the huff it seemed at not immediately walking back into first team

Plus he couldn't kick worth a fuck lol

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Does Kygriakos count? Only played in Greece before us and ended up playing  good few games for Liverpool.

He was good for us, and absolutely garbage for Liverpool. He was a joke signing for them. 

41 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Harsh on eck, klos got crocked, eck brought in wattereus who played fantastic for us and was a main reason we got to cl last 16, klos took the huff it seemed at not immediately walking back into first team

Plus he couldn't kick worth a fuck lol

Wattereus was brilliant for us but it’s the same guy who refused to sign a deal. All because we misspelled his name on the fax ffs.

Klos had shown years of loyalty and kicked up fuck to get to Ibrox in the first place.

I think what Klos had done for us all those years he deserved more from McLeish imo.

2 hours ago, King_gazza said:

True, I reckon Smith would have got the best out of him.

Shame it was towards the end of his reign that Gattuso signed. Would have loved to have seen him wiping out Lego muncher in a OF game if he'd been around in those days. 

Imagine we had him a Bazza in the same team? Would never had Gio though. So tough choice to make there. 

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Klos had a great contract remember reading at the time he was on like 25-40 grand a week do not know how true that was but he just sat it out picking up the money soured his time at us a bit for me.

No chance. McLeish gets the blame for me. I supported McLeish at the time, but it went on too long. Its the managers job to fix those situations. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

One World Cup. 

Two Champions League trophies. 

Two Serie A titles. 

One Coppa Italia. 

One FIFA Club World Cup. 

One Supercoppa Italiana. 

One UEFA Super Cup. 

Top that. 

One McBookie.com Super First Division title.

One Ayrshire District League title.

Two scotch pies.

Top that.

44 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Imagine we had him a Bazza in the same team? Would never had Gio though. So tough choice to make there. 

True. Can still remember his long range strike in the CL away to Monaco.

What a goal that was.

41 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Arsenal tried for Klos. 

Now you mention it I kind of recall this. Much was it they were willing to pay again?