Wes victim of racial abuse.

Marky.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, They Gnu said:

david.scott@nilbymouth.org

he refuses to deal with me as I don’t live in Scotland so not sure if he’ll respond to you as the sectarian racist is Irish. 

Only one way to find out. It’s for a story I’m writing about the abuse Foderingham received so let’s see.

37 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

It isn't hard to kid on you're some new journalist who works for whatever media outlet. Was there not newspapers reading & replying to the original post...?

A lot of places will check up on that and email/phone to verify you are who you say you are (had it happen to me a few times). Thankfully, I don't need to bullshit and have had a response although not one that's quite what I was after so returned for a better response from NBM

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A lot of places will check up on that and email/phone to verify you are who you say you are (had it happen to me a few times). Thankfully, I don't need to bullshit and have had a response although not one that's quite what I was after so returned for a better response from NBM

I thought all you needed to be a jurno was a NUJ card.  Apparently anyone can apply you only need a couple of people to vouch for you in order to get it.  So I' e heard anyway...

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I thought all you needed to be a jurno was a NUJ card.  Apparently anyone can apply you only need a couple of people to vouch for you in order to get it.  So I' e heard anyway...

Nobody needs to vouch for you to get an NUJ card. It's a trade union. All you need to do is pay the fees and give examples that you work in the media. Many I know aren't members.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are you a NUJ member? On my kids life, not a loaded question. 

29 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You yourself? Ignore the last comment. 

Where you putting your reply? Here or The Record?

Yeah, me. Emailed them after seeing the stuff about it this morning and had a bit of back and forth with them. 

It'll be up on Football Insider soon (site i write for FT) Just being looked over by my boss for legal.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/anti-sectarian-campaigners-blast-abuse-of-Rangers-star-on-social-media/

NBM statement:

"Once again we see bigoted morons use the internet to send abuse to a public figure in a desperate and pathetic attempt to be noticed.

“It’s a sad indictment of their own lives and could very well see them prosecuted for their bigoted and ignorant behaviour. And if that happens they have no one to blame but themselves.”

The older brother told me about it earlier on this morning and he read it in the DR and said that they had added on the end of the story about sinclair  being abused months ago.
What they mean is it's OK to abuse Fod as sinclair was abused.
Scabby filthy republican rag I wouldn't take for nowt. 

Good for you @The Dude,

I like it when you stand up for our players and support,my only gripe with your piece is that you don't mention the persuasion of the offender.(he's clearly wearing filth colours in his photo's).You can bet your last pound that if the roles were reversed it would "Rangers supporter" this and that.

Anyway credit where it's due.

Just now, cascadeshrimp said:

Good for you @The Dude,

I like it when you stand up for our players and support,my only gripe with your piece is that you don't mention the persuasion of the offender.(he's clearly wearing filth colours in his photo's).You can bet your last pound that if the roles were reversed it would "Rangers supporter" this and that.

Anyway credit where it's due.

It was something I did plan to put in - and was in originally - but decided against for two reasons. 

With my Rangers fan hat on, it probably did merit mention however, personally, I always feel when there's one arsehole on our side does something and there is an attempt to shoehorn our name into it that it's poor form and reflects poorly on the rest of the Rangers support all because of one fuckwit.

With my objective professional hat on, by adding in he's a celtic fan abusing a Rangers player there are a surprising number of people who just chalk it up to a wee dick taking a 'football rivalry' too far regardless of what is actually said. While it's perfectly clear he's one of them, by keeping the Old Firm/football rivalry aspect out of it, he simply looks like the racist little cunt that he is and not just a wee dick trying to be wide to a footballer.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

There was a young man named Aaron Finnegan,

He was racist to Wes Foderingham,

Big Wes told him off and the Polis spotted him,

Poor old Aaron Finnegan, is lifted again.

thank you, than you very much

Gay

Scum, utter scum in the lowest form. In this day and age we don’t need fucking fools like this anywhere. We have men and woman of all colours giving the ultimate sacrifice for Queen and country and we have a silly little boy spouting this! Grow up and see how the world is, I don’t see you trying to make a difference.