Wilson Loaned to Dumbarton

NeoGeo7

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That’s great for him but the proof is literally in the pudding for the vast, vast majority of them. We can all say good move every time but it honestly isn’t 

A think 95% of our young players who go out on loan actually probably do improve but the problem is that them players are not and never will be good enough for our first team.

thomson,Walsh,aird,gasparatto etc

mccorie is a exception because he is a actually a good footballer 

11 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He was hopeless today(pals a Dumbarton st holder) slow,got nutmegged,generally poor

Hard to go straight into a game today when he would have only met his new team mates just before the game. 

They are also obviously struggling with injuries at the back to be granted an emergency loan, against a side from their own league who are well above them (I know it was a Cup game). 

Give the lad time to settle in to his new surroundings before judging him, as today he should not have expected to be a commanding force having been literally thrown in. 

Being thrown in and playing for a weaker team will be good for character building and maybe just boost the motivation to make it at Rangers even more knowing what it's like playing in the lower leagues if you don't make it at Rangers.  Hopefully he does well and comes back a better, more experienced player.

Spending loan time in the lower leagues certainly helped McGregor, McCrorie and the likes to improve and break into the top team.

17 hours ago, K.A.I said:

The fact they’ve got promise but don’t do much in the game after they come back their loans that people think have done them the world of good 

the proof is literally in the pudding - people can pretend these loan moves are great if they really want to but they’re deluding themselves 

as I said earlier I don’t have a raft of great alternatives but let’s not pretend it’s great moves for them either 

I agree up to a point. The Scottish lower leagues are shit and the teams from that level would struggle to compete in the top 8 levels of the English pyramid system.

However loaning players out is not in itself a bad thing. Beckham going to Preston did him no harm. It's where they are going is the problem.

We should be looking to build relationships with lower championship and league 1 teams in England and teams outside the UK where we can loan players who will experience a better level of coaching and a different football culture to the hammer throwers and Neanderthals of the Scottish league. Maybe it could be a reciprocal thing where we have an opportunity to look at their best young talent as well.

If we want to progress we need to broaden our horizons beyond the models which have not served us well in the past.

12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I agree up to a point. The Scottish lower leagues are shit and the teams from that level would struggle to compete in the top 8 levels of the English pyramid system.

However loaning players out is not in itself a bad thing. Beckham going to Preston did him no harm. It's where they are going is the problem.

We should be looking to build relationships with lower championship and league 1 teams in England and teams outside the UK where we can loan players who will experience a better level of coaching and a different football culture to the hammer throwers and Neanderthals of the Scottish league. Maybe it could be a reciprocal thing where we have an opportunity to look at their best young talent as well.

If we want to progress we need to broaden our horizons beyond the models which have not served us well in the past.

I’m not against loaning players out but the majority of them go to these Scottish lower league dross teams and we keep pretending it’s a good move and a great thing - I honestly do think there’s a case for them regressing rather than improving