Ian durrant. Michael mols. Lesdey king jack Wilshire

mossblownblue

3 hours ago, Jdee.RFC said:

Disagree, I get the age thing but sheer talent and the stage on which we offered him to do it at that time would have been enough , had he not been injured in the Bayern game we would more than likely have went further in the competition we were unreal in that group ! He was by far most exciting player I’ve witnessed play for us in person. 

We thought Rod Wallace was good.

Mols came along & looked like he was from a different planet.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

Would have liked to have seen what Stephen Wright could have done for us , though he never really had the chance.  

Met him once in Leeds & had a good chat with him.

Seemed like a really top bloke.

Saw him again in Harrogate a few months later.

He’d had a bit of a barney with his missus, but still said ‘hello’ to me on his way past!

Reinforced my feeling that he was a top bloke!

I always felt that Vialli ‘did him’, which curtailed his top level career.

22 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Did Caldow come back from his, Baxter was never the same yet Dave Smith came back after not one but two breaks

if i,m right eric c made a comeback but provan had made a break thro. and he was used sparing ,he finished up with a short spell at stirling alb.he  was32 when he left us.

On 10/02/2018 at 15:27, stewaj3 said:

Fuck up. Just because he had some good competition doesn't mean mols wasn't showing it at the very top level.

Im not saying he would have done it for 5 years, but there's no doubt at that time he looked capable of playing for anyone.

Dado peso didn't start making an impact in football until he was about 25 and he went all the way to the European cup final. There are many examples of players who are late developers. By the same token some like kluivert are pretty much done by the time they are 27.

On 10/02/2018 at 15:27, stewaj3 said:

Fuck up. Just because he had some good competition doesn't mean mols wasn't showing it at the very top level.

Im not saying he would have done it for 5 years, but there's no doubt at that time he looked capable of playing for anyone.

Dado peso didn't start making an impact in football until he was about 25 and he went all the way to the European cup final. There are many examples of players who are late developers. By the same token some like kluivert are pretty much done by the time they are 27.

37B559BE-6BF9-4F01-BD0D-F02D07024A3C.jpeg

On 10/02/2018 at 14:40, mossblownblue said:

These are players who would have been world class barring horrendous injuries. Do bears have any other players in mind who would have went on to have been world class

Mol's was 28 when we signed him. He had 9 amazing games for us the was very average for us. Plus he played in Holland, yet never got a cap. Why?

10 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Who was the boy that scored the screamer for us at the Copland end against THEM again. Am bloody brutal with names, think it had 4 letters in it though. 

Always thought he had what it took to become a player. Made of glass though. 

Ness and it was in to the broomie

13 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I was at the game on the halfway line in the Govan. It was into the Copland. Unless I've let TV replays ruin my memory. 

Your memory is fucked anyway if you think Mols played 9 good games and then was average  :duh:

He may never have regained the full ability he showed before Munich but he was still a better than average striker when McLeish eventually recalled him . Scored some vital goals in the run in to our last treble season .