Ian durrant. Michael mols. Lesdey king jack Wilshire

mossblownblue

Agree with the Mols praise.

Seb Rozenthal was a good shout, very exciting signing at a time when Zamorano and salas were two of the best strikers around. Captained Chile to 3rd at the 1993 under 18 World Cup in a tournament featuring the likes of Buffon, Totti, Samuel Kuffour and...er...Libor Sionko

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Your memory is fucked anyway if you think Mols played 9 good games and then was average  :duh:

He may never have regained the full ability he showed before Munich but he was still a better than average striker when McLeish eventually recalled him . Scored some vital goals in the run in to our last treble season .

Relative to his ability before his injury he was average. Arveladze was a better player than Mols (goals-wise). Throughout his full career. Top scorer in every league he played in, including the Dutch league. Would've been Scotland too if we had played him more. 

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Relative to his ability before his injury he was average. Arveladze was a better player than Mols (goals-wise). Throughout his full career. Top scorer in every league he played in, including the Dutch league. Would've been Scotland too if we had played him more. 

Mols had more ability in his right hamstring than averladze had :lol:

Ffs no.even close. He may have outscored mols but then so did negri. He was miles above them both talent wise. A boy who terrorised not only Scottish sides but teams in Europe till that night in Munich.

Look at the types of goals he scored  he wasn't a predator striker, he could score all types of goals  mols barring his injury was unreal for us. To say otherwise is ridiculous but then it is you....

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Ffs no.even close. He may have outscored mols but then so did negri. He was miles above them both talent wise. A boy who terrorised not only Scottish sides but teams in Europe till that night in Munich.

Look at the types of goals he scored  he wasn't a predator striker, he could score all types of goals  mols barring his injury was unreal for us. To say otherwise is ridiculous but then it is you....

I was only a wee boy seeing Mols play in those early days but remember distinctly how good he looked 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Can still remember the day he terrorized Goram when he played for Motherwell at Ibrox.

Fired 4 goals past him. 

Wee guy who lived right opposite ours in our scheme. We called him Featch which was shortened from kraut features cos we had decided he looked german cos he had a large head. Anyways, featch got knocked over by a car and broke his leg just as we entered our team into the '80 summer gala. Featch had just come onto his game and was out for the whole tournament. He watched from the sidelines on crutches as we crashed oot the first round. Not sure if you would ever have called featch world class but we would never know what could have been. He never returned to the form he had found pre injury so was dropped like a stone in favour of jobby, but thats a story for another thread obv.

Joe Cole.....injuries hampered his career greatly, when he came through at West Ham he had the ability to be as good as he wanted, not sure why but I don't remember him getting a major injury but he always seemed to miss huge chunks of seasons with strains and tears.

17 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Fixed that. And he still is up there, even with his injuries.

I agree he was world class and my favourite player to watch when I was growing up but he is never mentioned alongside maradona pele messi etc , I think he would have been if it wasn’t for his injuries he was pretty much finished when he was 28.

4 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I agree he was world class and my favourite player to watch when I was growing up but he is never mentioned alongside maradona pele messi etc , I think he would have been if it wasn’t for his injuries he was pretty much finished when he was 28.

Far from it

He played until he was 34 with Milan then Corinthians and still scored an  average goal in two games for both clubs since leaving Real in 2007. 

Some player.