2018 World Cup

tannerall

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

France if Demeble gets selected.

French manager has already said his squad will be picked on current Dembele dollar ratings on FIFA 2018. Alexandre Lacazette currently sitting in the 23d and last squad position with a value of 86.000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0000,000,000,000,000,004 Dembele dollars, but things could change. 

Have a feeling the Braziiian confidence was blown away by the German's last World Cup, so not expecting them to do well. Wonder if Belgium and Colombia will play to their potential this time. 

Prediction

1) Argentina

2) Germany

3) Colombia

4) Belgium

Would allow for the Russians getting favourable draws to the semis and maybe the Spanish or Poles doing well. 

Don't see any threat from the rest, France, England Japan, Portugal, Croatia.

Not really up to speed with who’s hot and who’s not in international football.

Would expect the Germans to be there or thereabouts as they usually are, the hosts to get so far before finding that simply being the hosts isn’t enough, some dark horse team from somewhere to go a reasonable distance, England to fall at the second or third hurdle then sack their manager, Argentina to prove that having Messi isn’t enough on its own,  and a bit  of argybargy between the fans at some point.

To be honest I don’t even know when it is, who plays who or whether it’s on Council telly or Sky. Bit of a non event for me and that has nothing at all to do with Scotland not being there.

13 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Not really up to speed with who’s hot and who’s not in international football.

Would expect the Germans to be there or thereabouts as they usually are, the hosts to get so far before finding that simply being the hosts isn’t enough, some dark horse team from somewhere to go a reasonable distance, England to fall at the second or third hurdle then sack their manager, Argentina to prove that having Messi isn’t enough on its own,  and a bit  of argybargy between the fans at some point.

To be honest I don’t even know when it is, who plays who or whether it’s on Council telly or Sky. Bit of a non event for me and that has nothing at all to do with Scotland not being there.

:tu:

I love the World Cup, especially the earlier rounds. Football on three times a day, cheap beer( for me anyway), sunshine,  and I manage my own time. However, not sure about this one with the Dutch, Italians and even the yanks not being there. Still, makes a good month of footie. Who will win. Brazil!