Pena

K.A.I

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His work rate is the problem as he actually has talent which we have seen in glimpses. Probably happy to pick up a ridiculous sum of money and get on the booze and gear (wouldn't be surprised if he actually does). Siphoning the club like a leech of money that could be used on someone who actually gives a fuck 

35 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

he seems like the type to pull a Bobo Blade and ending up costing us a fortune sitting on a bench

wheres Tommy the taxi driver when you need him

I wonder what happened to that cunt ,he used to pop up on phone ins all over the place .even non football ones .

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I’ll finish this sentence for you ......

”all over his wife’s fat fuckin face “

Or 

'he will come good' said his friend as Carlos popped down the shop for a crate of beer and to whip by pablos for an 8th of prop. 

23 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Watched the highlights there and the guy is just so shite it's not true.

Lined up a shot and is that slow that by time his foot was coming to meet the ball the defender was away with the ball and carrying it up the park. 

I’m not sure if it was him who had a mad kick at fresh air but he did put one just over the bar during a different move 

Unless its absolutely unavoidable I suppose he'll have no wish whatsoever to return to Rangers at the end of his loan spell.   I doubt if Rangers really want him back anyway.   It was clear enough that Murty didn't rate him.  He got very little game time under Murty and I doubt if he'd want to come back to a club and manager just to sit out his contract term in a foreign country where he is not valued highly enough to get a decent run of games.  As a player who has played at international level I guess he'd be keener on trying to get himself a permanent move to a club and country where he feels he might be able to take his career forward instead of being stuck in reverse.   

Write off territory is on the horizon then imo.   If no transfer can be organised then its mutual agreement to cancel his contract, plus a bit of a payoff coming out of next seasons ST sales or raised from the newly negotiated banking facility with Close Bros.    Would make tricky headlines if access to that banking facility was needed in due course to channel funds back to Mexico. 

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Unless its absolutely unavoidable I suppose he'll have no wish whatsoever to return to Rangers at the end of his loan spell.   I doubt if Rangers really want him back anyway.   It was clear enough that Murty didn't rate him.  He got very little game time under Murty and I doubt if he'd want to come back to a club and manager just to sit out his contract term in a foreign country where he is not valued highly enough to get a decent run of games.  As a player who has played at international level I guess he'd be keener on trying to get himself a permanent move to a club and country where he feels he might be able to take his career forward instead of being stuck in reverse.   

Write off territory is on the horizon then imo.   If no transfer can be organised then its mutual agreement to cancel his contract, plus a bit of a payoff coming out of next seasons ST sales or raised from the newly negotiated banking facility with Close Bros.    Would make tricky headlines if access to that banking facility was needed in due course to channel funds back to Mexico. 

We Pay Pena, by all accounts, a fair bit of money and he'll sure as shite come back here and collect it unless another club takes him off our hands.  This is the reason we can't get rid of Hodson, Halliday, MOH, Forrester, Herrera, Dodoo, etc.  We're paying them far too much, no one else wants them, and most of them will be here until the summer of 2020 when their contracts expire.

IT would cost several million to pay all these guys off and that's not going to happen.  

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We Pay Pena, by all accounts, a fair bit of money and he'll sure as shite come back here and collect it unless another club takes him off our hands.  This is the reason we can't get rid of Hodson, Halliday, MOH, Forrester, Herrera, Dodoo, etc.  We're paying them far too much, no one else wants them, and most of them will be here until the summer of 2020 when their contracts expire.

Which is why, I think, that write off territory is on the horizon at least for Pena.  He's already overseas and going to be there for quite a spell to come.  Don't know how long he'll take to recover from injury but it still seems to me that he's young enough to want to be playing and not sat back here in (to him) foreign Scotland at a club that doesn't really want him and with a manager who clearly doesn't rate him.    So cancel contract and with a payoff and the Club writes the whole football experience and financial loss off.   

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Which is why, I think, that write off territory is on the horizon at least for Pena.  He's already overseas and going to be there for quite a spell to come.  Don't know how long he'll take to recover from injury but it still seems to me that he's young enough to want to be playing and not sat back here in (to him) foreign Scotland at a club that doesn't really want him and with a manager who clearly doesn't rate him.    So cancel contract and with a payoff and the Club writes the whole football experience and financial loss off.   

By the time Pena's loan expires we'll most likely have a new manager.  Halliday and MOH were loaned out by the previous manager who clearly didn't want them but a new guy comes in and they get another chance.  The same thing happens all the time.

Whoever the manager is we'll still be contractually obligated to pay Pena his weekly wage and unless someone else agrees to take over that responsibility he'll be back.  Players don't walk away from big money.  If we could afford to pay players off I suspect that would already be happening with the likes of MOH but £6k/week until the summer of 2020 is close to £1m.  Pena is supposedly on £20k/week so a payoff for him could be ridiculous.  We don't have the funds necessary to pay off the number of duds we have.  We're going to be stuck with most of them until their contracts expire.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

By the time Pena's loan expires we'll most likely have a new manager.  Halliday and MOH were loaned out by the previous manager who clearly didn't want them but a new guy comes in and they get another chance.  The same thing happens all the time.

Whoever the manager is we'll still be contractually obligated to pay Pena his weekly wage and unless someone else agrees to take over that responsibility he'll be back.  Players don't walk away from big money.  If we could afford to pay players off I suspect that would already be happening with the likes of MOH but £6k/week until the summer of 2020 is close to £1m.  Pena is supposedly on £20k/week so a payoff for him could be ridiculous.  We don't have the funds necessary to pay off the number of duds we have.  We're going to be stuck with most of them until their contracts expire.

Any way its looked at he'd have to be paid something.   It's transfer out and at least be playing football and rebuilding career (might not be the same wages but he'd have to trade off the potential to play and rebuild career vs staying in the deep shadows at Ibrox and not playing), or return here and not play even if it is a new manager because that manager will doubtless want his own picks anyway, or its cancel contract - take a payoff which might not be the equivalent of his full wages for the balance of the contract but at least he be free to go play elsewhere and the liability would be off the Club's books.    I think he is in a different position to MOH and Dodoo in that he is already back home and is an international who would presumably want to get back to the sort of form he had when he was picked for Mexico.    

I agree we look like we are stuck with the others until their contracts expire.