Morelos

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Murphy hadn't played many games before arriving. He will definitely improve as seen yesterday. 

Murphy has been playing well IMO .. I've seen a few comments now saying he's not been good - only game I thought he wasn't great was Thistle away the other night.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Murphy has been playing well IMO .. I've seen a few comments now saying he's not been good - only game I thought he wasn't great was Thistle away the other night.

He’s been ok but had no end product till yesterday. He’s trying to do to much imo.

Foderingham

Tav    McCrorie    Martin    John

Dorrans    Goss

Candeias    Windass    Murphy

Morelos

Then with a bench including Cummings, Jack, Alves, Holt, Wallace, etc, I'd say we're looking very good - and it's a fairly young squad to build upon in the future. Not sure about McCrorie in defence rather than midfield but had to shoehorn him and Goss in the same side. Still unsure about Murphy but he's our best option out left and he's improving game by game. Just wish he'd try not to get every single shot blocked, he kinda telegraphs them...

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

He’s been ok but had no end product till yesterday. He’s trying to do to much imo.

He needs to work on his end product. I said that after Hibs game that he's skillful, neat, fast, lively and can cut inside with ease but needs that end product to improve ... and it will. He's been playing well enough in my eyes. 

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Wes

Bates        Martin

Tav                                                   John

Mccrorie                Goss

Windass

Candeias                         Murphy

Morelos

This is the team I’d have when everyone is fit, dunno where I’d fit Dorrans in tbh.

Much better options now at least. When we get all the injured players back it will be tough trying to pick the midfield and attack. 

For me Candieas has to start every game so if we want to play Cummings and Morelos up top then either Windass has to be left out or he plays on the left and Murphy on the bench.

Think Murty will stick with the 4-2-3-1 though for most games.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d4159a62dbc9dad8b00d5a23b74b0100.PNG

I'd still like us to try a 3-5-2.  What you really need from this formation is the wingbacks who run tirelessly getting up and down the pitch providing your attacking width.  I remember when MON played this formation he had Alan Thompson as his LWB (not a natural defender by any means) and I do think Murphy could do a similar job for us on the left given his willingness to get back and defend.  I suppose you could make an argument for Murphy playing behind the strikers with someone who is a natural wingback on the left-side.  With Wallace, John, and Candieas, we would have plenty of options in the wide areas.

It's a formation that gives us an extra man at the back and more protection for the wingbacks, a 3 man midfield, and two strikers.  

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:33, Siwel said:

This is the team I’d have when everyone is fit, dunno where I’d fit Dorrans in tbh.

Dorrans is out until the end of the season and Goss will be off again in the summer.  Having these two on the pitch at the same time is something that will most likely never happen. 

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Other than the fact Tav is out of position and he's dropped one of our best players to accommdate him.

I was just thinking about you there mate .

I hadn't any of your disagreeing messages for some time

Looking at your posts today . You are on a roll

Who is our best player dropped ? Windass ?? .. Holt ???? . John ??

We all have different opinions

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I was just thinking about you there mate .

I hadn't any of your disagreeing messages for some time

Looking at your posts today . You are on a roll

Who is our best player dropped ? Windass ?? .. Holt ???? . John ??

We all have different opinions mate

Candeias.

John is a left back, I've no idea why you'd think he's been dropped to accommodate Tav at right mid.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Candeias.

John is a left back, I've no idea why you'd think he's been dropped to accommodate Tav at right mid.

Candeias ??? You talking about the man I was standing telling everyone around me , turning the corner v Hivs and then turning in a complete shocker of a performance

Best player :mutley:

Cmon