Jamie Murphy - thoughts so far?

graeme_4

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Playing wide, teams will quickly suss him out, show him onto his weaker foot away from goal and he will struggle to hurt you.

I seen him likened to Sinclair at celtic, teams have pretty much sussed him and he has been a lot quieter this season, but yet he has still scored plenty goals and i just can't see Murphy providing the same goal threat.

I think he will be a decent player but don't see the point in a wankfest over a player just because they played in England, learned that lesson before.

He was very predictable in the first half.

Just now, Dazzler said:

He was very predictable in the first half.

Abject as fuck, every ball over hit and could literally do nothing right.

I think once he calms down and gets to grips with things he might be an asset, but yet to see anything great off him.

Just now, Gustav said:

Steady, nothing special but finding his feet. Han't been as bad as some make out and played well yesterday.

I thought the Hibs game he was ok and at least tried to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen, yesterday during the first half i gdnuinely hoped we hadn't committed to signing him after his loan runs out but he improved when switched.

Decision making in the final third leaves a lot to be desired at the moment, hopefully now he's got his goal he'll stop trying to shoot when a pass is the better option. Also he's woeful at corners, not sure he beat the front post once on Sunday (other than when he ballooned it to the other side of the box). 

That said, there is an element of quality there and he's a great option to have on the right and left - like any winger he can blow hot and cold, hopefully as he gets his fitness this will improve.

He's done ok. 

He's been on the ball loads and is trying to make things happen without getting the rewards. Unsurprising that when he cuts in from the left he repeatedly runs into traffic. The right would suit him better but the left is where the position is available.

Hopefully he can step up a level now he has his goal and as others get used to his runs. He's already doing more than anyone else we've had on the left in a good few years. 

A winger we’ve been crying out for who is actually direct and takes on a player,he will improve more he gets to know his team mates and the fitter he gets.

played well yesterday day and gets us a lot of free kicks and corners.

a much better upgrade on McKay,moh and windass when he was playing wide left 

In short, he's around as good a player we can get and retain. If he was much better he wouldnt be here in the first place or if he was shite he would be gone (eventually)

Same goes for Tav, John (who is slowly growing on me), Bates, Jack, Docherty, Windass, Morelos, Dorrans, Cummings. These are all players we can build a squad around to challenge with over the next few years. 

McCrorie as well but i can see him in the prem in 3-4 years time if not before and hopefully his brother can challenge soon for the gloves .

I think he is some player with a lot more goals/assists to offer.  He gets on the ball a lot!  Sizes up defenders, backs them up and can take them inside/out.  Rarely do you see him stop, turn and play it back, very direct.  If John can get up beside him we can cause teams a lot of problems.

I think the reason why so many people are unimpressed is because so far, his decision making has been poor - he has cut in loads of times and players have ran off but he's either delayed too long to slide them in or looked for the shot and then has to turn back until our players come back from their offside positions or hit a shot from an unrealistic position because he has no other options. 

He'll come good - hopefully his goal will give him a bit of confidence but he is one of those players who can go past people with ease and we've lacked that for a long time.