Jamie Murphy - thoughts so far?

graeme_4

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that when his match fitness comes back he'll be a great player for us but ..

At the moment, he's not impressed me much (just call me Shania), I've seen plenty sign his praises but IMO he' been lacklustre & not contributed much in an attacking sense.

I don't think he's done very well and if he's kept strictly on the left wing he will struggle unfortunately he doesn't have a strong enough left foot to play there.

I want us to go sign a left footed left winger in the summer and allow Murphy the central role in ,4-2-3-1.

Thought he was our best player against Hibs, looked to be playing more as a central midfielder yesterday which may have hampered him.

He always looks to get on the ball and make something happen, once he clicks with the team he could be frightening.

People saying not wortg the £1 million....what the fuck do yoy expect for £1mil. Its not a lot of money in football today.

Boy has done well for me. Always willing to take on defenders and gets in good positions. Also does good defensive work. Could work on his delivery. But so far so good.

While he's not been spectacular he is still finding his feet and his fitness. 

His attitude has been spot on, has worked hard and always looked for the ball. Doesn't hide in games. Has been increasingly effective last 2-3 games and good to see him get a goal which will help his confidence. 

3 hours ago, duffy2391 said:

Superb work rate, asset to the defence and can hold on to the ball. Happy with what I’ve seen so far.

I'm not entirely happy with him going forward yet especially with his final ball into the box but it can be overlooked how much work he does getting up and down that flank.

I think he'll do fine when settled in and fully fit

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but that’s one of those lucky finds from foreign leagues.

When you get a player from the English premier league that’s going to cost 1 million quid you aren’t getting a world beater 

i dont think it was a lucky find but more good scouting from JJ, but yeah a £1m from the EPL no one would expect much

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

As I just said in another thread I think he's been good.

I can see comments start to linger in about him not being upto much which I don't agree with. We seem to do this as a support when it comes to genuinely talented players while guys like Papac, Hemdani, Sebo, Ryan Jack etc seem to have stardom despite being limited ability. 

I do think he needs to work on his end-product a little bit more tho but that will come. 

Murphy has a good attacking head on his shoulders. He's got good close control, touch, skill, pace, can cut inside with ease - he just needs to learn in our system when to release it a second earlier or have a pop but he'll improve that side of things. Just give him time. He'll be a right asset for us. 

:tu:

Good post mate .... and basically sums it up for me also ...... an intelligent player with a lot of flair who will improve as time passes.

Compared to some we have signed recently his + - £1mill price tag will be a bargain.

:UK: