Jamie Murphy - thoughts so far?

graeme_4

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been impressed with how he takes players on and works hard.

I've been really disappointed in his final product. He cuts inside too much in my opinion - against Hibs it became very predictable - and he either overhits the cross or aimlessly dribbles parallel against the edge of the box.

When he does take it on his left foot he nearly always goes to the line and has no power in his left to get a proper cross in.

Would like to see him on the right, but Candeias has been playing well there too.

Didn't know much about him before he came and still don't! Hard to say what sort of attacker he seems to be? Doesn't appear to be that quick, crossing and shooting not great (so far) and not that skilful. 

That being said I've seen moments of intelligence and awareness. Hopefully in time we'l see more. 

We desperately need he and Dorrans to be big players next season. 

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

People saying not wortg the £1 million....what the fuck do yoy expect for £1mil. Its not a lot of money in football today.

Boy has done well for me. Always willing to take on defenders and gets in good positions. Also does good defensive work. Could work on his delivery. But so far so good.

Expect a player to be able to hit a corner into the penalty area instead of off the first man or behind the last. Same for all his crosses. To be able to hit the ball at all with his left foot since he plays on the left.

Candieas, Tav, Windass, Morelos, were all £1m and some much less. All a lot better than him.

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Had a few games now to bed in, get up to speed and scored his first goal for us at the weekend (and a pretty decent goal it was too). That said, hasn’t exactly been spectacular for £1m+ signing (potentially). 

What’s the thoughts so far? 

Must admit I expected him to be better technically. Thought he’d offer much more. Seems to really struggle on his left foot, and when cutting in on the right his shooting hasn’t been great either. Seems a quiet nervous type of guy who’s a bit low on confidence. 

Still time though. 

Pretty much everything you said but would add in can't take corners worth a fuck. 

5 hours ago, Buggleskelly said:

Improving all the time & an important player for us already after half a dozen games or so.

Keep it up Jamie ....

This. I'm impressed with his over all play........ the final ball will come as his fitness improves.

Possibly the most skilful player at the club atm.

I actually think he will become a big fans favourite given time.

Can't cross worth a fuck, can't beat a man on the outside. A right footed left winger is a one trick pony.

But because he's a Rangers fan and tries hard some will make him out to be some kind of superstar. 

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Can't cross worth a fuck, can't beat a man on the outside. A right footed left winger is a one trick pony.

But because he's a Rangers fan and tries hard some will make him out to be some kind of superstar. 

bit harsh - and the comments on here by and large have been the polar opposite of that.

11 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Couple of good things yesterday apart from that not been impressed at all , glad we’ve not dived in and can just say thanks but no thanks if he doesn’t improve by the end of the season 

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't sign regardless tbh