Jamie Murphy - thoughts so far?

graeme_4

Really surprised to see some of the views - I think he has looked good and often dangerous, granted the final ball has been lacking a few times, but for me it blatantly obvious once he settles he will be a very good player for us.

The accusation used to be we were guilty of hero worshipping just because a player was a blue nose, id say that pendulum has swung to some not giving him a chance on the assumption he's only getting pass marks as he used to support Rangers.............I will add to that I know many are just calling it as they see it but I am surprised.  

Jamie Murphy will be a very good player for us.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by the views, was our best player against hibs and scored a great goal.at the weekend.

Works hard and seems to get by his man a lot. Never afraid to have a go. Pretty sure he will be decent in front of goal. Mass improvement on say Barrie McKay for me as he doesn't hide. He maybe isn't as exciting to watch that McKay has.

If anything my question mark is on his final ball, but I'm hoping as he gets to know his team mates that will improve.im positive he'll turn out to be a very good signing.

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

Expect a player to be able to hit a corner into the penalty area instead of off the first man or behind the last. Same for all his crosses. To be able to hit the ball at all with his left foot since he plays on the left.

Candieas, Tav, Windass, Morelos, were all £1m and some much less. All a lot better than him.

Candieas is better than him? You mad? How many times has Candeias over hit crosses. The guy isn"t up to match speed yet. Some of his corners yesterday were fine. He is played on the left to cut in on his right. He is right footed. Ran at defenders all day, set up Morelos and scored a fine goal but fuck it, lets write him off for a few bad crosses.

9 hours ago, Smile said:

Think he will do well at us better than what we have needs better players around him once Wallace is back and Dorrans and Jack we will see a difference.

The teams Murty is putting out are playing better than when we were using Dorrans and Jack and as for Wallace , John is doing great. Not nice to say but nearly forgot about those three

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

bit harsh - and the comments on here by and large have been the polar opposite of that.

Not all though.

Candieas is a better player in just about every way and has delivered consistently. That should be at least the benchmark and Murphy is miles short.

2 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Ffs motm in the second half constantly went by the full back,set up the windass goal,Morelos goal and scored a cracker

wtf do people want from a player? 

The threads about how he's done so far not how he done in the second half against Ayr United.

26 minutes ago, lerxst said:

The teams Murty is putting out are playing better than when we were using Dorrans and Jack and as for Wallace , John is doing great. Not nice to say but nearly forgot about those three

I see real weakness there in the Middle of the park, an also on Johns side a weakness Hibs also spotted and used to their advantage.

4 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

The threads about how he's done so far not how he done in the second half against Ayr United.

He's only played  4 games!, would have scored against hibs only for the keepers great save and every time he beat a man was fouled,Aberdeen game was his debut and he was ok

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Not all though.

Candieas is a better player in just about every way and has delivered consistently. That should be at least the benchmark and Murphy is miles short.

He's not miles short, he's only played a couple of games for us and hardly played this season. There's still a lot more to expect from him

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He's only played  4 games!, would have scored against hibs only for the keepers great save and every time he beat a man was fouled,Aberdeen game was his debut and he was ok

Yes I know and the threads about how people think he has done in those 4 games and not ifs and buts about goalkeeper saves. Ok sums it up for me and thats all I've seen from him since he left Mwell. Of course he might get better  now he's playing against far inferior players, time will tell but that's for another thread.

49 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Not all though.

Thata fucking nuts. Candieas is a winger who doesnt posess the ability to run at defenders. Murphy caused Aberdeen loads of problems running at them and was good against Hibs not to mention Ayr. Murphy is comfortable taking the ball into feet and going at the defense. Candeias either hits a cross or gets rid of it straight away.

13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Thata fucking nuts. Candieas is a winger who doesnt posess the ability to run at defenders. Murphy caused Aberdeen loads of problems running at them and was good against Hibs not to mention Ayr. Murphy is comfortable taking the ball into feet and going at the defense. Candeias either hits a cross or gets rid of it straight away.

Spot on

19 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's fine, it's all about opinions even if you're wrong.

What's the use of running at defenders if your final ball is pish nine times out of ten. Candieas consistently delivers quality dangerous crosses into the right areas. If he does that without dribbling past three men first then I honestly don't give a fuck.

13 minutes ago, The Beast said:

That's fine, it's all about opinions even if you're wrong.

What's the use of running at defenders if your final ball is pish nine times out of ten. Candieas consistently delivers quality dangerous crosses into the right areas. If he does that without dribbling past three men first then I honestly don't give a fuck.

Youre judging a guy who has played 4 games on a few bad crosses yet supporting a winger who cant run at defenders. Probably also erasing the times he spat the dummy and was worse than a man short from your memory. Only reason he gets the chance to play a ball into the box is cause of tavs good work down the right. But i take youre wrong opinion on board champ.

Hard to judge in the time he’s been here think he’ll be much better than he’s showing the now, look at candeias if you were judging him after a month he be binned now there is major improvement.

Edit: just read the above posts after posting my own fs man both players are decent an can play in the same team so why we trying to brand one worse than the other ppl judging Murphy as a player considering the game time he’s had this season are just fking dying to pick faults. who the fuck Is gony fund these better players than we’ve got?

3 hours ago, The Beast said:

Can't cross worth a fuck, can't beat a man on the outside. A right footed left winger is a one trick pony.

But because he's a Rangers fan and tries hard some will make him out to be some kind of superstar. 

Rangers supporters get a much harder time from our support opposed to getting it easy.

I think he's been very good so far. I'll concede his end product hasn't quite been there yet up until Ayr. He has worked incredibly hard for the team though, looks dangerous every time we get him on the ball, beats his man all day, can pick out a pass and rarely gives the ball away.

Some folk seem to be expecting Laudrup.

Not read much after the first page of this thread, so probably going over old ground.

First of all I like him and want him to be good for us.

I understand wingers changing sides now and then, right footed on left and left footed on the right, but for someone who seems a very right footed player to be playing on the left all the time I cannot see how he is going to get to the bye line and get in crosses with his left foot on a regular basis. Maybe he is trying too hard and maybe he can use his left foot better than he is at the moment so I am certainly willing to give him some time. 

I think it was also evident yesterday (I know they were well beat by this time) when he moved to a more central  position he looked much better and scored a good goal.

He has obviously not played much until he came to us in Jan, so he needs as many games as he can get, we will just have to be a little patient and see what he can do with better match fitness.  

I think he has quality, if that I'm sure. I honestly think his biggest problem is being a Rangers fan.

He has been overly DESPERATE to score that first goal and imo it effected his decision making when he could have had easier options.........now he has that monkey of his back Im sure we will see a few more goals and if not Im confident he will provide excellent chances for others.

He still gets a thumbs up from me.

7 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Candieas is better than him? You mad? How many times has Candeias over hit crosses. The guy isn"t up to match speed yet. Some of his corners yesterday were fine. He is played on the left to cut in on his right. He is right footed. Ran at defenders all day, set up Morelos and scored a fine goal but fuck it, lets write him off for a few bad crosses.

Never wrote him off after a few bad crosses, the threads about all his time here so far.

And so far my opinion 6 games in is he’s been average. That’s not writing him off it’s giving an honest opinion on what I’ve seen. If he changes my mind in the remaining games then great.