Jamie Murphy - thoughts so far?

graeme_4

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Bit like Russel Martin, completely underwhelmed so far, but happy to give him lots more time to adapt, early days.   

Tell you one thing I noticed about RM on Sunday was his maturity and experience. Shortly after Wes made the blunder RM had the ball and on any day it's an easy back pass to the keeper. He cleared it out for a throw. I might be wrong but the way I perceived that is a level headed player deciding there is no need to put his goalie immediately back under pressure while he's still reeling from his mistake. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7/10-8/10 every week for me I’ll take that! Considering consistency has been the issue recently it’s a welcome change. Think it will turn out like Steven Davis type signing. Consistent every week, knows what it’s all about and you know what you will get with him. 

19 hours ago, The Beast said:

Not all though.

Candieas is a better player in just about every way and has delivered consistently. That should be at least the benchmark and Murphy is miles short.

Candieas can't go past opposition players the way Murphy can and does frequently. 

19 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Thata fucking nuts. Candieas is a winger who doesnt posess the ability to run at defenders. Murphy caused Aberdeen loads of problems running at them and was good against Hibs not to mention Ayr. Murphy is comfortable taking the ball into feet and going at the defense. Candeias either hits a cross or gets rid of it straight away.

Happnin Jamie

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Shown he's capable of being at the level of Sinclair.

I know your being sarcastic but it was me that says it, I said on his day he could have the same as impact for us that Sinclair can have for them - I know you have a hard on against him but give him time he’s showing up as a good player provided people choose to see it 

I’m not criticising there’s some players we’ve got people wank over I don’t see the fuss in myself 

To me he seems like a confidence player. He doesnt possess that arrogance that cummings and morelos have where nothing phases them.

I think he will improve with each game he plays. He hasnt done anything special so far but i like his directness, i think its its something we have lacked down our left side for a while now.

He's got pass marks from me so far but i reckon he will be a player for us. I also like how he is willing to track runners and work back the way as well.

Thought he was really good today. Overall play was fantastic, his movement for the first to get a simple tap in was great, his awareness and unselfish play for the second was superb but that vision and touch for the fourth was just incredible. Going at that speed and to almost reverse the pass inside to Windass was excellent. Great team goal too. Looks to be really finding his feet.

He was much better today.  If he can keep that level of performance up he'll be a major asset to us.  We've been needing someone who can play on that left-side for a few years now and it looks like we finally have someone.

I know many on here had the stiff one eye for Barrie McKay but Murphy is a better player plus he puts in a solid defensive shift. 

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:35, K.A.I said:

I know your being sarcastic but it was me that says it, I said on his day he could have the same as impact for us that Sinclair can have for them - I know you have a hard on against him but give him time he’s showing up as a good player provided people choose to see it 

I’m not criticising there’s some players we’ve got people wank over I don’t see the fuss in myself 

I don't think your comparisons to Sinclair are that wide of the mark.  Both inside forwards that play the same position and perform a similar role.  Before Murphy left Scottish football he was averaging 10 goals a season for Motherwell and he's improved since then.  I know Sinclair was great for them last season but by all accounts he hasn't carried that form in to this season. 

Remember Kris Commons debut season?  The guy scored about 30 goals for celtic.  The next season he didn't even score one goal.  Some players tend to be really hot and cold like that.  Maybe Sinclair is another on of those types.