Jamie Murphy - thoughts so far?

graeme_4

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

In his first game I had him down as a Diddy.  How wrong was I.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself,cushy; ever since I started supporting Rangers circa 1953 there have been many players far better than Murphy that has been judged as rubbish after their first game or two. I remember seeing the late great James Curran Baxter (of all people) get called the most useless cunt ever to sign for Rangers in one of his early appearances, just because he hit a stray pass to Ralphie Brand.  More recent of course was Ally McCoist and look at what those two legends became at Rangers. The Rangers support have never been described as "patient".

I think Murphy is settling in pretty well considering his lack of games recently.

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

In his first game I had him down as a Diddy.  How wrong was I.

We all get it wrong sometimes when it comes to players.

Myself with Goss (going on his early form) even though I don't think he's as imposing as I'd like, he's a much more talented player than I ever thought he was when he signed. 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We all get it wrong sometimes when it comes to players.

Myself with Goss (going on his early form) even though I don't think he's as imposing as I'd like, he's a much more talented player than I ever thought he was when he signed. 

I think Goss needs to be played a bit further forward, he isn't a defensive midfielder, the same with Docherty. 

3 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

I think Goss needs to be played a bit further forward, he isn't a defensive midfielder, the same with Docherty. 

Docherty is yet to do it for me I'm afraid .. but willing to give him more time to adapt into our team/style of play ... he's got a good engine on him and is a decent battler but his passing has been very poor. 

Reminds me of a Gavin Rae in all honesty but he needs a run of starts before anyone can judge him.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Docherty is yet to do it for me I'm afraid .. but willing to give him more time to adapt into our team/style of play ... he's got a good engine on him and is a decent battler but his passing has been very poor. 

Reminds me of a Gavin Rae in all honesty but he needs a run of starts before anyone can judge him.

Have to agree with you Docherty, I hadn't seen much of him before we signed him and I thought yesterday he looked like a Hamilton standard of player. Hopefully as some here have been proved wrong with Murphy, I can be the same with Docherty 

6 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Hopefully as some here have been proved wrong with Murphy

Who has been proved wrong about Murphy?

I have said i am going to wait before making my judgement and not going to jump on the bandwagon of he must be great because he played in England, yesterday was his first really good performance against a poor Hamilton side so i don't want to get too carried away. If he keeps up that form, which he might well do as he gets more match sharpness, then aye we have a player on our hands.