graeme_4

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Who has been proved wrong about Murphy?

I have said i am going to wait before making my judgement and not going to jump on the bandwagon of he must be great because he played in England, yesterday was his first really good performance against a poor Hamilton side so i don't want to get too carried away. If he keeps up that form, which he might well do as he gets more match sharpness, then aye we have a player on our hands.

He's been good in a few games to be honest.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You are welcome to your opinion of course, but i think he's been poor apart from a half vs Ayr (bear in mind the first half he was horrendous and continually overhit the ball) and yesterday.

The Hivs game i couldn't fault his effort and he really tried to make things happen but the end product was severely lacking.

Won't be getting carried away because he played well Vs Hamilton, but if he carries that form in the bigger games then he will be a big asset going forward.

The whole frontline linked up well yesterday, Morelos was very unselfish for a change and Windass was excellent, signs are good but it's early days.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Mainly in a ‘solid, playing the position & covering’ way.

I though yesterday was the first time he showed any great spark & sharpness in an attacking sense.

Enjoyed his performance yesterday.

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You are welcome to your opinion of course, but i think he's been poor apart from a half vs Ayr (bear in mind the first half he was horrendous and continually overhit the ball) and yesterday.

The Hivs game i couldn't fault his effort and he really tried to make things happen but the end product was severely lacking.

Won't be getting carried away because he played well Vs Hamilton, but if he carries that form in the bigger games then he will be a big asset going forward.

The whole frontline linked up well yesterday, Morelos was very unselfish for a change and Windass was excellent, signs are good but it's early days.

Takes time to settle in at a club and the way we play etc,he was no where near match sharp when he came was always going to take a month or so to get up to speed.

He’s done more in a few games than Barrie McKay done all last season,he’s a proper winger who commits defenders and actually has a good football brain(his assists yesterday)

hes going to be a big player for us over next few seasons 

15 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Takes time to settle in at a club and the way we play etc,he was no where near match sharp when he came was always going to take a month or so to get up to speed.

He’s done more in a few games than Barrie McKay done all last season,he’s a proper winger who commits defenders and actually has a good football brain(his assists yesterday)

hes going to be a big player for us over next few seasons 

I hope you are right, and suspect you might be.

45 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

100pct he has. He’s ranged between decent and good however imo so obvious he is a good player who at times what he was trying just wasn’t quite clicking (at times I feel others could do more to open up space for him) - ultimately it was a matter of time. 

We  will see plenty more games from him like yesterday.  

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Thought the pass for Windass 2nd goal was Laudrupesque ........which is the biggest compliment I can payJamie. Thought he was absolute dynamite in the first half yesterday.

Think we have a real match winner on our hands.

It really was a fantastic pass, he was much improved yesterday, hopefully he can keep it up.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Thought the pass for Windass 2nd goal was Laudrupesque ........which is the biggest compliment I can payJamie. Thought he was absolute dynamite in the first half yesterday.

Think we have a real match winner on our hands.

RDFM would call it Sinclairesque.

Although he's not set the heather alight I do feel he has brought a balance to the side that hasn't been there for a couple of seasons, he is working hard while getting up to match fitness and provides another out ball for us going forward, I'm hoping yesterday was a sign of him getting closer to match fitness as he could be a real asset for us.