I've quit watching most football

The Gers

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Same here mate. 

I watch us and Liverpool and that’s it. 

Out of all team you choose tarriers, disappointing mate :lol: 

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

English football has lost something - its easy and trite to say "its lost its soul" but that's as good a description as any. Its became a playground for multi-millionaires who make sure they don't injure each other and don't really care by and large if they win or lose. Very few games now have real passion - the "derbys" are a bit of a joke.

Its became the opposite of what English football used to be all about

The derby's are good, just not the big ones.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I 100% prefer football with effigies and their IRA shite than friendly rugby

True. If all football fans were to become prawn sandwichers and sanitized rivalries it would be the final nail in the coffin.

2 hours ago, The Gers said:

Used to watch it all. Football Italia on channel 4 in the 90's. European football. International football. Obscure Taliban Premiership football where the matchball is a severed head (only joking, forgive me)

Now, the wages and transfer fees makes my blood boil. We regularly lose out on players to fucking English Championship teams, its grim how an absolute no mark tin pot club can pay 10 times what we can.

Then there's those ads with the epic music playing hyping the shite out of the big Burnley vs Stoke game:megaanguish:

I watch Rangers and Rangers only nowadays. No Sky Sports either anymore.

Anyone done a similar turnaround?

Been Rangers and international tournaments only  (not qualifiers) for a few years now. Can't even sit through motd these days.

The money in the game now is out of control south of the boarder and get the points of many posts above, but I still watch a fair bit of English football some games are good some are shite.

It is down to each of us to watch what we want and pay for it, at least with Virgin if you pay for Sky you get BT along with it, and Rangers away games are on a lot on both which is good IMO.

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The money in the game now is out of control south of the boarder and get the points of many posts above, but I still watch a fair bit of English football some games are good some are shite.

It is down to each of us to watch what we want and pay for it, at least with Virgin if you pay for Sky you get BT along with it, and Rangers away games are on a lot on both which is good IMO.

It's not even just England, Barca spending 100+ million, on Coutinho. Embarrassing

Taking Rangers out of the equation. Football isn't in my top 5 most watched sports. 10yrs ago, I'd watch 4-5 games a week.

I have grown to actively dislike the sport over the past few years - I never watch it. I do worry that I will eventually drift away completely from football, having little more than a passing interest in Rangers.

The game has lost its soul.

Used to live and work in England years ago and went to watch the team in BLUE in Chelsea,Man City,Coventry and Luton who played in Orange.
Did manage back up the road to watch our games during that time.
Have had Sky since day one and would watch loadsa games.
Although I still have Sky,my interest probably extends to Rangers games. 

Only Rangers for me tbh, ill occasionally tune in if a game is on and I'm bored/peaked my interest but generally don't give a fuck. Don't even watch MOTD or fuck all. 

That Spurs/Arsenal game on Saturday summed up English football. Shit tae watch, no atmosphere, no fuck all. Shite.