I've quit watching most football

The Gers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was never a massive fan of the leagues abroad but used to watch a lot of premier league games. These days I tend not to bother unless I’m in a pub and there’s a game on even then I only tend to have a quick look now and then. As others have said the epl has lost its passion both on the pitch and off it, the new age armchair fans who go and watch one or two games a season and the rest of the stadium full of day trippers who most of the time don’t even support the team they’re watching has killed it imo. The atmosphere and passion and sometimes outright hatred was what made football so exciting and it’s slowly been sucked out of the game.

I only really bother watching Rangers England and occasionally Bristol rovers these days, although sometimes I feel like I should cut those out for my own sanity aswell ?

Some good reading so far lads.

I'm also not a fan of how teams like West Ham, Tottenham and Arsenal ditched their old grounds for soulless corporate dust bowls. 

I loved the old Highbury and Upton Park and the hate/atmosphere pouring onto the close pitch.

I think we're all just desperate for the Sky bubble to burst.

for anybody that grew up pre 90s when live football was limited to half a dozen games a year we have become tired of the constant wall to wall coverage 

even in the early 90s if you didn't get a ticket for the away old firm game. you couldn't even listen to the whole match on the radio.it was last few minutes of 1st half and then the 2nd half .

over the years my interest has down spirraled in non Rangers games .iv never had a 2nd team .now il only watch a game if iv nothing else to do and got a wee bet on 

saying that il watch as much world cup as I can when it comes around this year 

Same. 

I’m a season ticket at Ibrox, so only watch us away on TV. 

Totally lost interest in the national team, unless a Rangers player is included. 

I’ve got Sky sports, but not BT,  and fed up with the PL - it’s actually really dull. 

Occasionally watch El Classico, but don’t make a point of it. 

Market is saturated. Games are over hyped and under deliver IMO. No real emotion in it apart from Rangers. 

17 hours ago, cushynumber said:

English football has lost something - its easy and trite to say "sold its soul" but that's as good a description as any. Its became a playground for multi-millionaires who make sure they don't injure each other and don't really care by and large if they win or lose. Very few games now have real passion - the "derbys" are a bit of a joke.

Its became the opposite of what English football used to be all about

fixed that for you

7 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

My old boy has stopped watching any sort of football apart from us.

He cites all the shite that happened to us and the money down south and across the globe as his reasoning.

I probably watch it more than ever just now, though.

Me and Gmac hands across the water.

Only watch us as well. Tried to watch Tottenham, Arsenal game but gave up after 30 mins. 

World Cup and Euros, I say I’m going to watch every game I can, get bored after day 2, miss the rest of the group stages and regain interest in the semis. 

Rangers for me and the odd Liverpool game and that’s about it. Agree with every word regarding the Premier league now just being like the NFL.

Can’t be doing with hipster shite like sitting watching German football on BT Sport every other night either. 

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I find it odd how a lot of people in this thread wont be kicking back with their feet up and tuning in to the Juventus v Tottenham game tonight. 

Wtf else can you be doing on a tuesday night 

Haha agree with that somewhat mate however it’s exactly the type of game I shove on thinking it looks good on paper then either sit on my phone or then over after 15 minutes.

1 hour ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

I'm pretty much the same. Only watch our games nowadays apart from the odd Champions League game. EPL definitely doesn't interest me in the slightest anymore.  

The tv rights have been sold for  2019 -2022 five of the seven packages went for £4.464 billion, yip the loony toons EPL is going to get richer, with cunts that can tie their  laces themselves on 250k a week with a 100k bonus for putting there boots on the correct feet.