The Gers

I've quit watching most football

1 hour ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

I'm pretty much the same. Only watch our games nowadays apart from the odd Champions League game. EPL definitely doesn't interest me in the slightest anymore.  

The tv rights have been sold for  2019 -2022 five of the seven packages went for £4.464 billion, yip the loony toons EPL is going to get richer, with cunts that can tie their  laces themselves on 250k a week with a 100k bonus for putting there boots on the correct feet.

• Like 2

Just getting ready for some CL football or as @MisterC might say, a soccer game. :happy:

I still like watching football and while money has certainly got out of control, the whole world has changed over the last twenty years with every cunt offended by someone saying or writing something, everyone has human rights but no cunt seems to have responsibility about their own life. It is annoying as fuck but if you like watching football then watch it and get on with your own life. Simples.

:thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Used to love English football but money has killed it and the generic chant EVERY fucking team sings (with different words) annoys me more than it should.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Used to love English football but money has killed it and the generic chant EVERY fucking team sings (with different words) annoys me more than it should.

We tend to sing a lot of the same generic pish half the time mate 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We tend to sing a lot of the same generic pish half the time mate 

Yes mate, but i know the words to our versions.

Gets so irritating hearing 2 sets of English tadgers singing it to each other.

• Like 1

I'll never ever stop watching football of any kind. I watch even more now can't get enough of it 

Every day this week there is a game on the telly love it....

Normal weekend for me 

Watch early game 

us

late game

then Spanish/Italian  or French whatever is on sky or BT at the time 

MOTD

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sky-premier-league-tv-deal-12020836

2012 killed my love of football, really. The commodification of football, rise of the oil-clubs, the sheer incompetence of the footballing authorities and general ridiculous amounts of money in football have all compounded that apathy, though.

I only watch Rangers now. I probably wouldn't watch any football these days if it wasn't for us.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

They sing songs so fucking fast aswell. Does my head in. 

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

2012 killed my love of football, really. The commodification of football, rise of the oil-clubs, the sheer incompetence of the footballing authorities and general ridiculous amounts of money in football have all compounded that apathy, though.

I only watch Rangers now. I probably wouldn't watch any football these days if it wasn't for us.

Real Madrid V PSG the morra I dont see how any football fan wouldn't wanna watch that

What do you replace football with mate ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Real Madrid V PSG the morra I dont see how any football fan wouldn't wanna watch that

TV shows, books, writing, politics etc. Life is so empty now. :lol:

I used to watch all the English games, all the Spanish games, I'd be able to tell you all the players of every Scottish team, even that lot. Now I only know a player if he's with us, linked to us, or in the media all the time. It might be a sign of maturity or something I don't know mate, but that love I had for football when I was a boy is well and truly dead. Maybe it'll come back when we're properly successful again, I don't know - when we lose these days I just ignore everything football-related until our next games, and I started doing that in 2012. 

• Like 1

Stopped watching it all when we went down the divisions.  At that point we had no involvement on the international or European fronts.  I doubt I'll ever watch the Scotland team again but may get more interested in European football once we're back participating in it. 

Read this earlier and agreed as I never watch live games that don't involve us these days. With this in mind I stuck the Spurs game on thinking I will give it a bash. Couldn't have picked a better game to watch. Might even watch Madrid PSG the morra.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I haven't watched a Champions league game in maybe 5yrs. I couldn't be certain who the current champions are (I think it is Real) without Google verifying it. A match I wouldn't miss 10yrs ago, is now something I wouldn't watch even if I was doing nothing.

I definitely watch these sports more than football (Rangers excluded), although I don't watch much TV. 10hrs per month maybe.

1. Motorsport
  2. Cricket
  3. Golf
  4. Boxing
  5. Darts
  6. Rugby Union

It does grind me a little that no matter how well the SFA ran our game,  or how well we were run as a club..... we have no realistic means of access to big revenue streams, thus cannot compete. That is true of big clubs all over outside the big 5 leagues.

• Like 3

I’ve stopped watching as much as I used to and I used to watch about 7/8 games a week.

In general I barely watch the TV as is.

I watched Arsenal v Spurs first half last week and turned it off at half time to play the PS4 because I was bored. 

Watched Spurs v Juve last night but barely attentive to it as I was discussing various things about Rangers the whole time.

7 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

They sing songs so fucking fast aswell. Does my head in. 

Except Spurs who sing songs annoyingly slow, the bastards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MDYT2 said:

Read this earlier and agreed as I never watch live games that don't involve us these days. With this in mind I stuck the Spurs game on thinking I will give it a bash. Couldn't have picked a better game to watch. Might even watch Madrid PSG the morra.

No bad when you take your mental heed aff n put your sensible heed oan every now n again eh.

• Like 1

I find football today to be far less exciting than football in yesteryears. I still remember it like yesterday where Davie Cooper or Mark Walters went past umpteen players nowadays it's just pass to him then pass to him. The falling down with the slightest touch is completely shite, the game has definitely taking a backward step since the mid eighties and nighties.

I'm the same, only watch Rangers or some big European game.

I think that part of it is a getting older thing. Everything gets gradually less exciting the older you get, plus you usually have less free time to spend the whole weekend watching football games.

Just now, berkshirebear said:

Just quit sky. Get it up you EPL!!!!!!!

That’ll show them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’ll show them

You keep funding the EPL and then wondering why Rangers can't compete...

21 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

You keep funding the EPL and then wondering why Rangers can't compete...

I fund no-one