Jump to content
The Gers

I've quit watching most football

Recommended Posts


And don't get me started on our disgraceful national team!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Chelsea game just now but where I used to watch every game going now I pretty much watch us and not much else. 

In fact most weeks I couldn't tell you Scottish scores unless I have a bet on the outcome apart from ours. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't tune in to Burnley Vs Stoke either! I do however watch a lot of Italian stuff (Inter mainly cos I took a liking to them in the 90s) and try my best never to miss Barca games. I love watching Barca because the quality is incredible.

I watch some of the big English games and would watch more of I could get away with it! I never watch Scottish stuff apart from us of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Same here mate. 

I watch us and Liverpool and that’s it. 

Same as Dodgy Dave when he can be arsed:mutley:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Watching Chelsea game just now but where I used to watch every game going now I pretty much watch us and not much else. 

In fact most weeks I couldn't tell you Scottish scores unless I have a bet on the outcome apart from ours. 

Chelsea without a British player starting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DW1872 said:

 I do however watch a lot of Italian stuff (Inter mainly cos I took a liking to them in the 90s)

Same here. All my school mates would get the Milan tops and I was the only one wearing the Inter top. Must have been the blue that I liked:isay:

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Same as Dodgy Dave when he can be arsed:mutley:

:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Chelsea without a British player starting.

I hate that too. When I look at the biggest teams in England now, they could say these are European teams and I'd believe it if it didn't say EPL above them.

I used to quite like Man City growing up but they are totally alien to me now. Same with Chelsea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Gers said:

Same here. All my school mates would get the Milan tops and I was the only one wearing the Inter top. Must have been the blue that I liked:isay:

Same here!! Followed them ever since.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I do enjoy Dutch football, they do things the right way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Same as Dodgy Dave when he can be arsed:mutley:

Fuck, after all this time the cover is blown. ??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch the highlights on match of the day. I never ever watch sportscene highlights or any live games we're not playing in. The standard is piss poor, even the majority of our games are painful watching. For all the money spent in the epl, the majority of games are shite as well. The game has gone too soft as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only football I watch outwith us is MOTD and the championship highlights on a Saturday night. Fuck all else

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Prob watch more now than ever before. Don't get bored of it at all 

 

Are you a full kit wanker too?:pipe:

How about half & half scarfs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gers said:

Used to watch it all. Football Italia on channel 4 in the 90's. European football. International football. Obscure Taliban Premiership football where the matchball is a severed head (only joking, forgive me)

Now, the wages and transfer fees makes my blood boil. We regularly lose out on players to fucking English Championship teams, its grim how an absolute no mark tin pot club can pay 10 times what we can.

Then there's those ads with the epic music playing hyping the shite out of the big Burnley vs Stoke game:megaanguish:

I watch Rangers and Rangers only nowadays. No Sky Sports either anymore.

Anyone done a similar turnaround?

The games fucked imo not the same as it used to be..... I'm the same stopped paying for yer sky/ BT couple of years ago very rarely even tune in for MOTD on a Saturday night these days .....only interested in the Rangers and that's because the passion I still have for my club rather than the quality on show tbh........Football Italia on ch4 was brilliant back in the day...another victim to yer contract tv pish...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still tune in to a ton of games, don't always pay much attention but it's on in the background. 

With all the money in the EPL I certainly don't think it's improved the entertainment value from when I was growing up in the 90s. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gers said:

Used to watch it all. Football Italia on channel 4 in the 90's. European football. International football. Obscure Taliban Premiership football where the matchball is a severed head (only joking, forgive me)

Now, the wages and transfer fees makes my blood boil. We regularly lose out on players to fucking English Championship teams, its grim how an absolute no mark tin pot club can pay 10 times what we can.

Then there's those ads with the epic music playing hyping the shite out of the big Burnley vs Stoke game:megaanguish:

I watch Rangers and Rangers only nowadays. No Sky Sports either anymore.

Anyone done a similar turnaround?

Me too - Rangers only for me these days.

I've never been into rugby, but caught a bit of the Scotland v France rugby match. The players looked a staunch bunch of lads, and the fans don't look like the hateful mob that follow the Scotland football team

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

The games fucked imo not the same as it used to be..... I'm the same stopped paying for yer sky/ BT couple of years ago very rarely even tune in for MOTD on a Saturday night these days .....only interested in the Rangers and that's because the passion I still have for my club rather than the quality on show tbh........Football Italia on ch4 was brilliant back in the day...another victim to yer contract tv pish...

Agreed 100%. A post I could have written!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Black and red socks said:

Me too - Rangers only for me these days.

I've never been into rugby, but caught a bit of the Scotland v France rugby match. The players looked a staunch bunch of lads, and the fans don't look like the hateful mob that follow the Scotland football team

It does seem a bit more friendly and upmarket doesn't it.

No maniac's with effigies and pro ira horseshit   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gers said:

Used to watch it all. Football Italia on channel 4 in the 90's. European football. International football. Obscure Taliban Premiership football where the matchball is a severed head (only joking, forgive me)

Now, the wages and transfer fees makes my blood boil. We regularly lose out on players to fucking English Championship teams, its grim how an absolute no mark tin pot club can pay 10 times what we can.

Then there's those ads with the epic music playing hyping the shite out of the big Burnley vs Stoke game:megaanguish:

I watch Rangers and Rangers only nowadays. No Sky Sports either anymore.

Anyone done a similar turnaround?

I agree with every word. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

English football has lost something - its easy and trite to say "its lost its soul" but that's as good a description as any. Its became a playground for multi-millionaires who make sure they don't injure each other and don't really care by and large if they win or lose. Very few games now have real passion - the "derbys" are a bit of a joke.

 Its became the opposite of what English football used to be all about

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×