Danny Wilson

ForeverAndEver

I'm glad he left on a high. Was pretty poor since he's come back but this season he has been solid.

Can only criticise if we look weakened and Martin and bates seem fine this far, we still have mccrorie, cardoso and alves to come back... 

I'd expect movement in the summer in terms of cbs and if Wilson stayed he maybe wouldn't have got the game time he's after. 

We will know soon enough if it's been the right choice.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Can’t recall the poster that pretty much told us this word for word.

i don’t think wilson was a long term solution for us but I foot like the thought of us fucking around with players like that.

He deserved better treatment than that. I would have been happy to see him get a contract too. 

Dont think  was going to get much better. Form was inconsistent. Also one footed and very slow to turn. Rather go with Bates who although has rough edges too has more potential to be a better defender.

Another way of looking at this (and it's more in hope than any substantial info) is that this rumoured investment might have been a factor. 

18 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

i don’t think wilson was a long term solution for us but I foot like the thought of us fucking around with players like that.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

43 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

@piperpete told us the story and I believe him 100%.

Was gutted when he moved on. I really liked him and was definitely one of the first I would have selected. Yeah he wasn't exactly amazing but to have a left footed centre half and a right footed centre half always made me feel more comfortable. Martin has done a good job at filling in his role but like my previous point I think would be better played in the right hand side of defence, so he would be on his favoured side. Regardless Wilson is away now and we must move on. He isn't irreplaceable

For me, it isn't about whether Danny Wilson was a great player for us or not; it's not about whether Danny Wilson deserved another contract or not; it's about whether  Danny Wilson is telling the truth or not.

If he is telling the truth, then our board/senior management are telling lies or at the least not revealing why there were no discussions about a new contract. There were plenty of responses from the board over the Warburton-Davie Weir episode, so will they respond to this one also? or put another way; are we getting truth and clarity from the club as promised.