ForeverAndEver

Danny Wilson

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

For me, it isn't about whether Danny Wilson was a great player for us or not; it's not about whether Danny Wilson deserved another contract or not; it's about whether  Danny Wilson is telling the truth or not.

If he is telling the truth, then our board/senior management are telling lies or at the least not revealing why there were no discussions about a new contract. There were plenty of responses from the board over the Warburton-Davie Weir episode, so will they respond to this one also? or put another way; are we getting truth and clarity from the club as promised.

Of all the issues to get pissed off at the club about, this one seems more of a stretch than most.

Could it not simply be recognition of the fact that he showed repeatedly that he wasn't good enough and that, eventually, the sensible footballing decision was made? Martin was known to be signing on as a first-choice centre-back, we don't need six, he was the easiest one to move on? I know we're not known for proper, pragmatic thinking very often, but in this case it seems pretty joined-up to me.

That said, I do feel sorry for him being forced to resort to that booming industry of ex-players going to the papers to have a go...

9 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Of all the issues to get pissed off at the club about, this one seems more of a stretch than most.

Could it not simply be recognition of the fact that he showed repeatedly that he wasn't good enough and that, eventually, the sensible footballing decision was made? Martin was known to be signing on as a first-choice centre-back, we don't need six, he was the easiest one to move on? I know we're not known for proper, pragmatic thinking very often, but in this case it seems pretty joined-up to me.

That said, I do feel sorry for him being forced to resort to that booming industry of ex-players going to the papers to have a go...

We let a centre back who had finally start to look good, and was contributing to goals as well go, for virtually fuck all. Now, we've got David Bates, and Russell Martin, with Alves who has been a massive let down and Cardoso who's been shite as well as back up. McCrorie has been outstanding as a defensive midfielder and should stay there.

I don't know how you've come to your last conclusion.

Unbothered. Bates, Martin, McCrorie & a proven starting CB should be enough for next season. 

41 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

If you had read my post properly I said: For me, it isn't about whether Danny Wilson was a great player for us or not; it's not about whether Danny Wilson deserved another contract or not

Would it not have been better for all concerned that the club just issued a statement saying that Danny Wilson was free to leave the club and wished him well in his career, instead of insinuating Wilson wouldn't sign a new contract, when in fact he wasn't offered one, according to Wilson.

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Meh. 

It's Danny Wilson that's left us not a Cuellar or Bougherra. 

They've gone as well mate

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

24 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

If you had read my post properly...

:tu:

Wilson was on his best form when he left and i was dissapointed to lose him but glad he was keen to stay and wish him all the best. 

There is no problem here. Contracts between players and clubs have a finite time and both parties need to want to extend.

Rangers decided not to offer a new contract and could maybe have been more upfront about it. On the flip side of that, his performance level could have dropped if they had been more upfront.

6 hours ago, Amokachi said:

Three sides to this story. 

The Clubs, Wilsons & the truth. 

Our football club should be telling the truth - we're not a fucking political party ffs.  The truth prevails, and lo & behold, the football club looks fucking stupid and incompetent.

7 hours ago, Amokachi said:

Three sides to this story. 

The Clubs, Wilsons & the truth. 

This 

27 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Our football club should be telling the truth - we're not a fucking political party ffs.  The truth prevails, and lo & behold, the football club looks fucking stupid and incompetent.

True but we don’t - the ones in charge are notorious liars.

Meh: player leaves - Martin comes in - also have Alves, Bares and McCrorie - probably a change when Martin became available and saves some cash - these things happen for squad benefit. Next! 

Its football, players come and go all tbe time in various circumstances, Wilson was decent and was playing well, i wish him well but he has not been missed.

Really like Danny Wilson. Always wished he worked on being more physical but would have played him before Bates this season.

For me Bates is just a ticking timebomb waiting to explode.

14 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

For me Bates is just a ticking timebomb waiting to explode.

And Wilson wasn't?

At the end of the day he was not deserving of a new contract. We have had too many players in the last few years who where not consistent enough on a continuous basis. I doubt very few people will say we will miss him.

The best centre half atbthe club,  all we needed was a big strong centre half to play alongside him.

Absolutely crazy letting him go to pull in a loaned centre half is notbas good as Wilson,   This was a bad move by the club and someone needs to explain to us fans why his contract was not renewed.  

Perhaps we didn't think he was of the require standard longer term.

I would imagine Wilson was on a decent wage, and for someone who was floating in and out of the starting 11, his contract winding down and a couple hundred thousand offer from MLS, it was an easy one to take, especially with the emergence of Bates and the signing of Martin.

At 26\27 its quite clear he was never going to fulfil the early potential he had. Decent but certainly not the best at the club as some are suggesting. Done well over two spells, he goes to a nice warm climate and good living for his family, well thought of by our fans and we move on. 

So less than 24 hrs after the Tavernier story breaks this comes out....shocker!

Thought Wilson was doing alright at the time and do remember a few weeks before he went to the states he's done an interview saying he wanted to stay BUT if we've decided against a new offer, fair enough.

8 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The best centre half atbthe club,  all we needed was a big strong centre half to play alongside him.

Absolutely crazy letting him go to pull in a loaned centre half is notbas good as Wilson,   This was a bad move by the club and someone needs to explain to us fans why his contract was not renewed.  

If he was that good why the need for a big strong centre half next to him. 

Another case of history being rewritten, he was shit for long spells during his second time at us.

Only thing that seems to matter to Wilson is Wilson, which is fair enough, but for him to try and paint it as anything else is bollocks.