Danny Wilson

ForeverAndEver

46 minutes ago, Smile said:

A club is judged by how it treats it's players under this regime that's not been very good.

Yes I am inclined to believe him, the move to the Rapids really came out of nowhere, there didn't seem to be any rumors about him leaving which is unusual. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

A club is judged by how it treats it's players under this regime that's not been very good.

His treatment was a shocker, I can understand why we didn’t want him and the need to bring money in but treat the person in a profession way, there are not many players who have left twice and twice we have received a transfer fee, infact I can’t think of anyone else 

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Harsh, Danny's inconsistency leaves him open to criticism but the bottom line is that Alves and Martin are both experienced internationals but imo are no better than Danny and Bates maybe dogged but by fu*k does he not hate the ball so much that he tries to hurt it every time it lands at his feet. Kiernan , Senderos and Moshni are what you call losers.

I agree with most of that .except ........

I stand by the fact that DW was never going to make us trophy winners

And surely that is what Rangers FC are looking for

36 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

1 of the few players Kris Boyd can claim to have outrun. Was decent enough this year but nothing special or worth an extension, I wish him the best but at most his career would have been fighting for a place on our bench.

The only other was Bates and it was the same game.

43 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I agree with most of that .except ........

I stand by the fact that DW was never going to make us trophy winners

And surely that is what Rangers FC are looking for

Honestly think Wilson is as good as any of the tims trophy winning CH's. Hopefully that'll be proved on Thursday night for though I'm not familiar with Zenits current forwards i bet they're not shiting themselves from Boyata or Simunivic, the later of which made Partick strikers look like Messi on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, geronimoo said:

1 of the few players Kris Boyd can claim to have outrun. Was decent enough this year but nothing special or worth an extension, I wish him the best but at most his career would have been fighting for a place on our bench.

Kiernan  and Hill

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

His treatment was a shocker, I can understand why we didn’t want him and the need to bring money in but treat the person in a profession way, there are not many players who have left twice and twice we have received a transfer fee, infact I can’t think of anyone else 

Kenny miller?

13 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Could be mate and he also get a hard time. Don’t know if we got cash for him when he went to Turkey or not as they wanted him off the wage bill to save money at that time.

Just googled it and it says we got 400k from Bursaspor. Can’t think of anyone else tho.

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It helps Rangers

Aye, and we watched a whole 3 in a row, largely Rangers supporting squad leave Rangers when they could've stayed and got Rangers money when we needed it the most we ever needed it. 

If you think Wilson left Rangers (for the second time) to get Rangers money, then you fucked. He left Rangers cause he felt badly treated. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I was quite happy when it was confirmed he left again tbh. A poor player who seemed to get a free pass with a large section of our support for some reason.

It was always his defensive partner's fault and never his. No matter who that partner happened to be.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Was it not around £2m from Liverpool for Wilson and the rest of the fee was add ons related to appearances etc that were never met?

We ended up getting well over 3m due to him seeing out his contract and we never lost out very much of the £4m quoted. 

Even at £2m and then €250.000 he has left us in a better financial state than many other players have.

6 hours ago, Smile said:

Who do you reckon has been treated poorly?

MacKay wanted away. MoH was being strongly encouraged to find pastures new (Not strongly enough imo), Halliday we don't really know if he left and bided his time knowing Pedro was shite, Barton who knows. Hill was a gamble he had another year in him.

Miller got another 12 months probably largely due to the majority of support backing him.

Danny Wilson appears to contradict Murty.

Quite a few have / appear soon to be having contracts extended.

I'm sure there are others but who on the balance of all probability has been poorly treated by manager or senior management?

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Who do you reckon has been treated poorly?

MacKay wanted away. MoH was being strongly encouraged to find pastures new (Not strongly enough imo), Halliday we don't really know if he left and bided his time knowing Pedro was shite, Barton who knows. Hill was a gamble he had another year in him.

Miller got another 12 months probably largely due to the majority of support backing him.

Danny Wilson appears to contradict Murty.

Quite a few have / appear soon to be having contracts extended.

I'm sure there are others but who on the balance of all probability has been poorly treated by manager or senior management?

Mackay was forced to train with the kids this attributed to us getting less money for him he had a contract till 2018 which could have been negotiated. Miller getting set up as being a grass was a disgrace that the Club could have shut down right away.  

Wilson was told he was getting a contract it never appeared even at the same money.