Danny Wilson

ForeverAndEver

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

Mackay was forced to train with the kids this attributed to us getting less money for him he had a contract till 2018 which could have been negotiated. Miller getting set up as being a grass was a disgrace that the Club could have shut down right away.  

Wilson was told he was getting a contract it never appeared even at the same money.

Yeah Wilson one appears strange on the face of it. Murty spoke about Wilson near enough gushing about his US opportunity and mind being made. Seems to not tie in with what he's saying unless this new found desire was after he'd been led up the garden path.

Miller one yeah could gave been shut down though the club said little on it, more so Pedro from what I recall.

Mackay was being encouraged to sign a new contract or move on. Training with kids is a tried and tested formula.

You've mentioned under this regime.

Is that the manager, be it Murty/ Pedro? Or MA? Or the Board?  Not entirely saying I disagree, but imo in some instances the club haven't done whatever (within legal confines) it takes to get shot of players and haven't been ruthless enough.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah Wilson one appears strange on the face of it. Murty spoke about Wilson near enough gushing about his US opportunity and mind being made. Seems to not tie in with what he's saying unless this new found desire was after he'd been led up the garden path.

Miller one yeah could gave been shut down though the club said little on it, more so Pedro from what I recall.

Mackay was being encouraged to sign a new contract or move in. Training with kids is a tried and tested formula.

Is that the manager, be it Murty/ Pedro? Or MA? Or the Board?  Not entirely saying you I disagree, but imo in some instances the club haven't done whatever (within legal confines) it takes to get shot of players and haven't been ruthless enough.

It's Paul Murray

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Mackay was being encouraged to sign a new contract or move on. Training with kids is a tried and tested formula.

Is that the manager, be it Murty/ Pedro? Or MA? Or the Board?  Not entirely saying I disagree, but imo in some instances the club haven't done whatever (within legal confines) it takes to get shot of players and haven't been ruthless enough.

I Just think the board are inexperienced at handling anything to do with football or the media without turning it into a circus.

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

I Just think the board are inexperienced at handling anything to do with football or the media without turning it into a circus.

More than happy to criticise the board ? and where management appointments, the Mcinnes saga, Murty til summer etc they deserve it.

But imo if they are guilty in a player sense it's for over backing managers. The last 3 have been well backed with either with transfer fees, numbers, etc. Plenty money wasted, fuck all long term consistent strategy, more players than are needed for 2 1st teams.

But we now have Allen and I really like how he's started going about his business. A good imo winter transfer window and hopefully a strong summer one coming too with plenty out and some quality in.

Plenty to do on the media side but I really like the foundations on football side. Manager fuck up apart.

I would imagine he was given decent money to leave hearts and stay in the championship with us, its a judgment of whether we could do better with his wage, yes he's been decent under GM but hasn't been value before that, if we can bring in a defender who is quicker across the ground and better in the air then you would have to say  the judgment is correct.

Sentiment can have no part in these decisions, we should be ruthless.nothing wrong in thanking the player for his service and them moving on.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Mackay was forced to train with the kids this attributed to us getting less money for him he had a contract till 2018 which could have been negotiated. Miller getting set up as being a grass was a disgrace that the Club could have shut down right away.  

Wilson was told he was getting a contract it never appeared even at the same money.

Miller getting set up as a grass? What you mean about that?

What Murty said was that DW wasn't enjoying it any longer. Never gave reason but maybe it was because of financial uncertainty with his contract. 

Never really knew what you were getting with him on the field. Yes, could be good, then sloppy.  Players can't always get it their own way. We were weighing the options, as players do as well.  We can't keep everyone and there has been talk of the squad being "heavy" from the management.  Wilson was the easiest to let go, financially and football wise. It was business and an eye to the future I think.

9 hours ago, Orange Persson said:

What Murty said was that DW wasn't enjoying it any longer. Never gave reason but maybe it was because of financial uncertainty with his contract. 

Never really knew what you were getting with him on the field. Yes, could be good, then sloppy.  Players can't always get it their own way. We were weighing the options, as players do as well.  We can't keep everyone and there has been talk of the squad being "heavy" from the management.  Wilson was the easiest to let go, financially and football wise. It was business and an eye to the future I think.

Murty said he had options which now seems to be America rather than a deal on the table, so Murty being a bit economic with the truth.

11 hours ago, The Beast said:

It's Paul Murray

He will have learned that from his bezza mate bain who did the same thing with Boyd...... again carried by the water carriers in the "support" when they got the rebel to lie that he was offered and knocked back a new contract 

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Murty said he had options which now seems to be America rather than a deal on the table, so Murty being a bit economic with the truth.

He possibly was. I would sometimes rather have that than, he said this and I said that. Murty often does that. "I said to the players at half time" sort of thing. I am hoping he can get past a lot of that explaining himself. Astute managers, don't have to do it.

I don't think we need to always know every small detail, of these changing player negotiations. The outcome with DW is probably best all round.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He might just be better than what we've got and that's no measure of greatness, but he is as slow as a week in the jail and he could have done nothing to stop that scum team. Better maybe, but still nowhere near good enough if we have aspirations of taking a title.

Thats what i mean, wouldn have stopped a rot but we wouldn have got 2 serious doings scorewise....

3 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

If he wanted to go fine, however I would have kept him and Bates until the end of the season. We have looked woefully short at the back, and as a result McRorie has bee unable to play in holding midfield which is his best position. Seems short sighted to me. 

Took the like back for 'McRorie', you disgust me