ForeverAndEver

Danny Wilson

I'm glad he left on a high. Was pretty poor since he's come back but this season he has been solid.

Can only criticise if we look weakened and Martin and bates seem fine this far, we still have mccrorie, cardoso and alves to come back... 

I'd expect movement in the summer in terms of cbs and if Wilson stayed he maybe wouldn't have got the game time he's after. 

We will know soon enough if it's been the right choice.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Should have been gave the contract

Second spell was disappointing overall but when he forced his way back into the team after Pedro he became one of the first names on the team sheet for me, so I agree with you there.

Not overly gutted about him leaving tbh, he was hardly a mainstay and it's given Bates a chance to shine.

Can’t recall the poster that pretty much told us this word for word.

i don’t think wilson was a long term solution for us but I foot like the thought of us fucking around with players like that.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

i don’t think wilson was a long term solution for us but I foot like the thought of us fucking around with players like that.

He deserved better treatment than that. I would have been happy to see him get a contract too. 

Dont think  was going to get much better. Form was inconsistent. Also one footed and very slow to turn. Rather go with Bates who although has rough edges too has more potential to be a better defender.

Another way of looking at this (and it's more in hope than any substantial info) is that this rumoured investment might have been a factor. 

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

@piperpete

He was pretty average despite a few weeks where he looked better so not fussed that he went and couldn't care how it came amount.

We needed 2 new starting CBs and still need 2 new starting CBs come the summer.

18 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

truth is always stranger than RO fiction.

43 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

@piperpete told us the story and I believe him 100%.

Was gutted when he moved on. I really liked him and was definitely one of the first I would have selected. Yeah he wasn't exactly amazing but to have a left footed centre half and a right footed centre half always made me feel more comfortable. Martin has done a good job at filling in his role but like my previous point I think would be better played in the right hand side of defence, so he would be on his favoured side. Regardless Wilson is away now and we must move on. He isn't irreplaceable

It can’t be coincidence that players seem to hit their best form when contracts are due for renewal 

I’d have kept him, he’s much safer than big Bates (whos growing on me) but only based on the form he showed since Murty came in.

I wanted him to be able to jump, win a header occasionally. Some things are just not meant to be.

For me, it isn't about whether Danny Wilson was a great player for us or not; it's not about whether Danny Wilson deserved another contract or not; it's about whether  Danny Wilson is telling the truth or not.

If he is telling the truth, then our board/senior management are telling lies or at the least not revealing why there were no discussions about a new contract. There were plenty of responses from the board over the Warburton-Davie Weir episode, so will they respond to this one also? or put another way; are we getting truth and clarity from the club as promised.

Ive ran out of words about Wilson in general. Just move on and forget. We will have much better than he ever was soon enough.

Bit shit for the guy and canny blame him for moving on if true.