Walter Smith Interview

OhW

Haven't seen this posted on here.

Funny when he's asked who he'd pick for Scotland manager (about 2:50) he says "I don't think it's left to another manager to pick a manager, I'm maybe not so good at that. I'll pick teams but I'm not so sure about picking managers" haha.

• OhW changed the title to Walter Smith Interview
10 minutes ago, OhW said:

I get that is why he said it. I'm the one that pointed it out. I just mean that I don't think that Walter really meant it to come out that way.

I’m pretty sure it’s exactly how he meant it. He must be absolutely mortified at the monumental fuck up McCoist made of the job. 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Walter looks great, however, I too have GREAT memories of Hampden but now it is an absolute shitehole, as a small country we need ONE national stadium. 

It's the running track that ruins Hampden.  Sitting behind the goals is fucking brutal.  I'd rather have a national stadium that was dedicated to the football.  I've never been to Murryfield does that have a running track all the way around it?

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's the running track that ruins Hampden.  Sitting behind the goals is fucking brutal.  I'd rather have a national stadium that was dedicated to the football.  I've never been to Murryfield does that have a running track all the way around it?

Wales, another small 'principality' seems to manage with one really nice facility - not a fan of running track around stadiums - as you say detracts from the atmosphere.   

Mind you, sitting at Hampden doesn't really appeal as I'd much rather stand with 10's of thousands of other Bears, covered in dust with warm pish running down my jeans, I miss the old days. :dance:

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wales, another small 'principality' seems to manage with one really nice facility - not a fan of running track around stadiums - as you say detracts from the atmosphere.   

Mind you, sitting at Hampden doesn't really appeal as I'd much rather stand with 10's of thousands of other Bears, covered in dust with warm pish running down my jeans, I miss the old days. :dance:

@tannerall still experiences this, though that's due to the fact he's getting on a bit.