Sign in to follow this  
OhW

Walter Smith Interview

Haven't seen this posted on here.

Funny when he's asked who he'd pick for Scotland manager (about 2:50) he says "I don't think it's left to another manager to pick a manager, I'm maybe not so good at that. I'll pick teams but I'm not so sure about picking managers" haha.

Just now, gbm1989 said:

You think he was on about coisty?

I don't think that's what he means, doesn't seem like the kind of dig he would take. It's funny that he said it though.

Walter looks great, however, I too have GREAT memories of Hampden but now it is an absolute shitehole, as a small country we need ONE national stadium. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OhW said:

I don't think that's what he means, doesn't seem like the kind of dig he would take. It's funny that he said it though.

I’d say it’s completely about that.

End of the day Ally was shite and Walter picked him. 

29 minutes ago, OhW said:

What else would he be talking about? Of course it’s about McCoist. 

23 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Peter McGuire

No idea that's who it was, I actually thought his demeanour and his questions were quite professional, mind he was probably shit scared of WS. 

1 minute ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

What else would he be talking about? Of course it’s about McCoist. 

I get that is why he said it. I'm the one that pointed it out. I just mean that I don't think that Walter really meant it to come out that way.

10 minutes ago, OhW said:

I get that is why he said it. I'm the one that pointed it out. I just mean that I don't think that Walter really meant it to come out that way.

I’m pretty sure it’s exactly how he meant it. He must be absolutely mortified at the monumental fuck up McCoist made of the job. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No mate he was talking about the time he was the Man City director of football that was instrumental in bringing Guardiola to the Etihad.

Belter

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

No mate he was talking about the time he was the Man City director of football that was instrumental in bringing Guardiola to the Etihad.

do i detect a hint of sarcasm in that post?

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

do i detect a hint of sarcasm in that post?

Nay vay 

2 hours ago, OhW said:

It was 100% about Ally. 

At the end of the day, Ally knows he was a shite manager. He said he would be before he even got the job. Said he didn't have the mentally to be a manager. 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Walter looks great, however, I too have GREAT memories of Hampden but now it is an absolute shitehole, as a small country we need ONE national stadium. 

It's the running track that ruins Hampden.  Sitting behind the goals is fucking brutal.  I'd rather have a national stadium that was dedicated to the football.  I've never been to Murryfield does that have a running track all the way around it?

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's the running track that ruins Hampden.  Sitting behind the goals is fucking brutal.  I'd rather have a national stadium that was dedicated to the football.  I've never been to Murryfield does that have a running track all the way around it?

Wales, another small 'principality' seems to manage with one really nice facility - not a fan of running track around stadiums - as you say detracts from the atmosphere.   

Mind you, sitting at Hampden doesn't really appeal as I'd much rather stand with 10's of thousands of other Bears, covered in dust with warm pish running down my jeans, I miss the old days. :dance:

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Can't stand that presenter. Always comes across as being a smarmy bastard.

Which one .Peter McGuire or Peter Martin ??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wales, another small 'principality' seems to manage with one really nice facility - not a fan of running track around stadiums - as you say detracts from the atmosphere.   

Mind you, sitting at Hampden doesn't really appeal as I'd much rather stand with 10's of thousands of other Bears, covered in dust with warm pish running down my jeans, I miss the old days. :dance:

@tannerall still experiences this, though that's due to the fact he's getting on a bit.

16 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

@tannerall still experiences this, though that's due to the fact he's getting on a bit.

I know that's not true, he now wears adult diapers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gbm1989 said:

Belter

Cheers m8

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Which one .Peter McGuire or Peter Martin ??

I won't lie, seeing him being called Peter McGuire had me a bit stumped :lol: