Rocksport - Steven Davis

RDFM

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devil’s advocate here but should we really be signing 33 year olds from struggling premier league teams? If we could get a few years out of him then fine, but realistically there is no fucking longevity in signings like this.

If he was 28 and a standout in a piece of shit squad then I could see the logic as there’s 5 years of his game yet to come at the top level (and to really push the scum) but at this point in his career it reeks of comfort zone. 

And before the “aye but davie weir” fucking zoomers come out to play, we have had our fair share of cunts who have come in at the tail end of their careers and failed to deliver 

actually fuck being devils advocate. Get this cunt to fuck. 

17 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Devil’s advocate here but should we really be signing 33 year olds from struggling premier league teams? If we could get a few years out of him then fine, but realistically there is no fucking longevity in signings like this.

If he was 28 and a standout in a piece of shit squad then I could see the logic as there’s 5 years of his game yet to come at the top level (and to really push the scum) but at this point in his career it reeks of comfort zone. 

And before the “aye but davie weir” fucking zoomers come out to play, we have had our fair share of cunts who have come in at the tail end of their careers and failed to deliver 

actually fuck being devils advocate. Get this cunt to fuck. 

Yes mate, you make a good point and it's totally valid, but our need to win 55 trumps any long term strategy for me.

I wouldn't care if it was a team full of 33 year olds tbh.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Away and fuck :lol:

You also said Louis Moult is a better striker than Morelos.

You know heehaw. 

I did. I stand by that also.

Big Louie would have been a sensation at Rangers. Alfie's good, unfortunately not half as good as some would have you believe.

:lol: get this to fuck :lol:

Tav's the best FB in the country nevermind RB.

Morelos is the best CF in the country simply by virtue of the fact he's the top goalscorer. I don't even need to bring up his overall game, linking the play, holding it up, work rate etc. Then there's the fact he's 21 years old.

This place at times fucken hell :lol:

So much nostalgia watching that video. He gets better as it goes on. 

Lets have it right, Scott Brown is 32and never played a game in the premiership. Davis looks after himself and is a match winner.who gives a fuck if he has played with us in the past, there’s 2 more years in him and he would take our team to a different level.

1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

So much nostalgia watching that video. He gets better as it goes on. 

Lets have it right, Scott Brown is 32and never played a game in the premiership. Davis looks after himself and is a match winner.who gives a fuck if he has played with us in the past, there’s 2 more years in him and he would take our team to a different level.

Me, considering he's a rat bastard

2 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Shite!

Only Tierney of their back 4 would be an automatic pick in our defence.

Tav's way better than Lustig, and I'd have any of ant two from Alves, Cardosa, Bates, Martin and McCrorie ahead of their central defenders.

celtic are strong mid to front but their defence is bang average.

A box to box midfielder like Davis, a goalsscorer like Jelavic, and someone like Aluko capable of single handedly destroying a defence would lead us to 55.

Our CB’s aren’t good enough, and theirs are better.

McCrorie has potential, wouldn’t be fussed to see the rest leave tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Shite!

Only Tierney of their back 4 would be an automatic pick in our defence.

Tav's way better than Lustig, and I'd have any of ant two from Alves, Cardosa, Bates, Martin and McCrorie ahead of their central defenders.

celtic are strong mid to front but their defence is bang average.

A box to box midfielder like Davis, a goalsscorer like Jelavic, and someone like Aluko capable of single handedly destroying a defence would lead us to 55.

Listened to a bit of superscoar board on way home and they said the taigs have scored their least amount of league goals since Tony Mowbry managed them.

Their defence is the only thing keeping them from losses right now.

Unrelated, but it is mental how much they are up their arse on that show.

Last year it was Chelsea, West ham etc want Dembele for 25million+ no one doubting it, then tonight one of them spouting shite about how Morelos isn't worth 11million and implying it's bullshit. 

I know which one I'd rather.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Our CB’s aren’t good enough, and theirs are better.

McCrorie has potential, wouldn’t be fussed to see the rest leave tomorrow. 

that big drink a wa

Boyata's the new Effie, Simo's a bombscare, and that young Scandanavian is utter shite.

We don't have any world beaters, I concur, but our centre backs are no worse than theirs. They just enjoy better protection  from midfield with Broon dropping deep and pulling the strings.

celtic are better than us mid to front and the signing of Davis would go a long way to sorting that out.

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

Back on topic please folks and less of the personal abuse. KKM is no taig either

Cheers Mister C. I Met your good self and Dummies Oot? on a very famous day at Kilmarnock around 6 years ago.

Perhaps we should make that a sticky for the hard of thinking on here.

5 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

They just enjoy better protection from midfield with Broon dropping deep and pulling the strings.

We need a CDM who can do that job for us.  I'm looking forward to McCrorie coming back and getting a run in there to see if he can be that player for us.

9 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Boyata's the new Effie, Simo's a bombscare, and that young Scandanavian is utter shite.

We don't have any world beaters, I concur, but our centre backs are no worse than theirs. They just enjoy better protection  from midfield with Broon dropping deep and pulling the strings.

celtic are better than us mid to front and the signing of Davis would go a long way to sorting that out.

Simo, fuck me.

Absolutely rancid.