Rocksport - Steven Davis

RDFM

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one out of all the ones that left that I would take back and it's only because he's miles ahead of what currently have in his position.

And I mean he's miles ahead of them as in the player he is today, not the player he was when he left. I know some on the forum struggle to differentiate between the 2.

Just now, cushynumber said:

is being a better footballer than the others that left a good enough reason to take him back? does self-respect go out the window if a person is EPL class?

I think that question was answered for some within the Naismith thread mate 

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

All this pish about Davis done the right thing is just that - pish. Southampton stumped up to just avoid the hassle.

Davis is as bad as the rest.

That said and I don't blame anyone that wants to have a go or shoot me down in flames, I'd take him back because he's a top, top player.

Probably better player now than the one that left us and we need that sort of player in our central midfield i.e someone that can run with the ball, skip past a man, create a chance from nothing - our central midfielders are OK but they aren't Davis and they/we are too reliant on our wingers for any creativity instead of central midfielders going past a man or taking major responsibility in the final third.

So for Davis, I'd swallow my pride and take him back because he's simply an outstanding footballer. I don't like it or what he did but the facts of the matter is he's a top player. Simple.

Don't blame anyone who doesn't want him back for the obvious reasons. Totally respect that.

Horrible that it’s come to the point we have to swallow our pride just to get a top player. 

Times have changed.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Horrible that it’s come to the point we have to swallow our pride just to get a top player. 

Times have changed.

Times have changed. Correct.

So unless the likes of KIng comes good with his promise of 30-50 million quid on player investment, we need to take top talent where we can get it. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

All this pish about Davis done the right thing is just that - pish. Southampton stumped up to just avoid the hassle.

Davis is as bad as the rest.

That said and I don't blame anyone that wants to have a go or shoot me down in flames, I'd take him back because he's a top, top player.

Probably better player now than the one that left us and we need that sort of player in our central midfield i.e someone that can run with the ball, skip past a man, create a chance from nothing - our central midfielders are OK but they aren't Davis and they/we are too reliant on our wingers for any creativity instead of central midfielders going past a man or taking major responsibility in the final third.

So for Davis, I'd swallow my pride and take him back because he's simply an outstanding footballer. I don't like it or what he did but the facts of the matter is he's a top player. Simple.

Don't blame anyone who doesn't want him back for the obvious reasons. Totally respect that.

Probably sums up my thoughts on the subject just about perfect that but I personally don't care what others think about that my point of view on this. 

I make no apology at all for the following.

My thirst for 55 far outweighs my distaste for the manor of his departure in this particular instance. So there it it is. I know I don't speak for everybody but fuck it I think thats what the vast majority crave above all else now and there's no shame in that Imo. 

The signing of Stephen Davis would signifiy our intensions and you had better believe it would also put the cat right amongst the pigeons across the city. 

Assuming Goss goes back, Rossiter is fucked and McCrorie is seen as a defender long term, we'll definitely need a midfielder.

Even at 33, Davis would be a good option for a few years. We lack quality in midfield and we'd struggle to get someone of Davis' pedigree normally.

I'd prefer a younger player, but it'd have to be a proper quality one to be preferable to Davis. 

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

is being a better footballer than the others that left a good enough reason to take him back? does self-respect go out the window if a person is EPL class?

We need an RM sliding scale of cuntishness.

Naismith being a 10 cunt and Sandaza being a 1 cunt.

I'd say Davis is a solid 5 cunt, but at 33 I have to agree with Murty. Also, do we need another CM?!

Engine room options of Dorrans, Davis, Jack and Docherty would be pretty decent. With Holt as a backup to the backups.

Lacks physical stature is the only thing.