Rocksport - Steven Davis

RDFM

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we've all made these overestimations in the last couple of years particularly, but Davis would be head and shoulders the best player in this league for me. He's been one of the most underrated players in the Premier League over the last few years.  

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Would rather have McArthur, far better player and 3 years younger. 

What's his contract situation? I don't agree he's a better player, but I would take him over Davis because he's younger.

Would have to hope he was a Dorrans-esque situation where he'd made his money and wanted to come home.

Just now, Inigo said:

What's his contract situation? I don't agree he's a better player, but I would take him over Davis because he's younger.

Would have to hope he was a Dorrans-esque situation where he'd made his money and wanted to come home.

Out of contract in the summer

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Along with Arfield... 

58 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I can’t wait until all the players who left us in 2012 retire just so we don’t have to have a discussion about at least one of them potentially coming back every couple of months.

Spot on.

We can’t look forward if we are always hampered by divisive stories like this.

That being said when they do retire we’ll get them linked as managers or coaches etc. :megaanguish:

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I can’t wait until all the players who left us in 2012 retire just so we don’t have to have a discussion about at least one of them potentially coming back every couple of months.

Bring back Alan Smith and anyone else who once wore a Rangers kit!

14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Miles better 

This probably won’t be popular but I think McArthur is massively over rated on here. He’s more highly thought of and is built up because of his allegiances. The same thing happened with Dorrans (who’s a good player but isn’t as good as he was built up to be on here for years).

Davis, Arfield, Morrison all out of contract with Rangers connections. We should definitely be looking at these guys and seeing what the lie of the land is.

Other British players that have EPL experience but are probably nearing the end of their time in that league too, someone like Joel Ward maybe?

Shouldn't be filling the squad with these types of older players, but having 3 or 4 with that kind of background would be no bad thing.