Rocksport - Steven Davis

RDFM

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Davis, Arfield, Morrison all out of contract with Rangers connections. We should definitely be looking at these guys and seeing what the lie of the land is.

Other British players that have EPL experience but are probably nearing the end of their time in that league too, someone like Joel Ward maybe?

Shouldn't be filling the squad with these types of older players, but having 3 or 4 with that kind of background would be no bad thing.

Arfield is a rabid tarrier. 

I am not sure on this one.  I hate Naismith because of that press conference more than anything, but I still have a huge dislike for Davis for abandoning us.  Is he a good player? absolutely 100% he is... but I like to think I am not the only one who remembers those long days in 2012 when the players all abandoned us and it felt like utter shit.  Those memories will never leave me and I'd find it hard to accept him.

Naismith deserves the criticism for the interview, and I acknowledge what I'm about to say will draw a lot of criticism, but I don't blame Davis or any of the others who left when they did.

It's only easy with hindsight to say they could have waited and the club could have benefitted from the transfer fee but at the time with the uncertainly surrounding the place you put your family and your career first.

What would it have cost to crowdfund paying off the debt? £500 from every cunt who went to Manchester? Could never have happened as folk who couldn't afford that put their families or themselves first.

Don't see why players should be held to higher standards.

1 hour ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

I hate how these wanks fucked off when we got put down, now after all the pain/embarrassment  etc and now the hardwork has been done they’re all coming out the woodwork & declaring their love for us. Fuck off ya fucking middens.

My feelings on it.

We already have enough 30+ yo midfielders at the club. We would be better off spending the money elsewhere.

That being said, as with all the Judases (judii) if he wants to come back on a nominal wage as a repentance then I'd be all for it.