Rocksport - Steven Davis

RDFM

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He was working as a pundit all summer and therefore couldn't participate in preseason.  We knew this when we signed him.  Even when Warburton was trying to force him out he was going over to Dubai participating in training camps there.  It didn't matter because Warburton has spat the dummy out and decided he was to leave so his level of fitness was irrelevant.

He should have still made more of an effort to keep in shape before arriving. He knew he'd be late to join us. No excuses.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, rangersross said:

The whole point of having principles is sticking to them even when it's inconvenient or impractical. Those players deserted our club when we needed them most. Sure, it's harder to reject Davis because - unlike Naismith and Lafferty - he's still a good player, but we should still firmly tell him to get fucked. 

The fact of the matter is not one person on this forum can say for sure what actually went on behind closed doors with these players. It’s easy to look at it and say they’re a bunch of wankers for doing this and saying that and they did it because they wanted that to happen.

None of us know.

I cannot stand these players either because I feel like they fucked us over, but if I use my head I understand footballers are not the brightest and certainly don’t know much about employment law or or financial law therefore they had to rely on information from third parties. Those third parties had an agenda and that was money.

So all I’m saying is, there is a possibility these players did not partially or totally understand what was going on at the club, how it would effect them or the club and could have easily been fucked over themselves.

Its why I tend not to state my opinion on this matter. Yes I’d like to get angry at them, call them a load of cunts and vent but what does that achieve?

Those talking about sticking by your principles, isn’t going by instinct, hearsay, and assumption and judging in a harsh manner having questionable principles in itself?

Like I said, I don’t know what went on - in full - behind closed doors. So if the club decides to take one of these players back on their own head be it. It better be to benefit the club.

3 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

He should have still made more of an effort to keep in shape before arriving. He knew he'd be late to join us. No excuses.

The punditry work was something he was contracted to do before we even approached him.  We knew he couldn't take part in pre-season and signed him up anyway.  Barton obviously had a go at Warburton after the 5-1 game and was getting forced out for it.  Fitness had fuck all to do with his Rangers exit.

6 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Amazing player and exactly the standard required if we're serious about toppling celtic anytime soon.

We're arguably 3 players short of giving them a right good run for the title. A Davis, a Jelavic and an Aluko types and 55 could be ours.

Davis would be a terrific signing!

We need a defender before any of those types of players ffs

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

We need a defender before any of those types of players ffs

Shite!

Only Tierney of their back 4 would be an automatic pick in our defence.

Tav's way better than Lustig, and I'd have any of ant two from Alves, Cardosa, Bates, Martin and McCrorie ahead of their central defenders.

celtic are strong mid to front but their defence is bang average.

A box to box midfielder like Davis, a goalsscorer like Jelavic, and someone like Aluko capable of single handedly destroying a defence would lead us to 55.

3 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Shite!

Tav's way better than Lustig, and I'd have any of ant two from Alves, Cardosa, Bates, Martin and McCrorie ahead of their central defenders.

A box to box midfielder like Davis, a goalsscorer like Jelavic, and someone like Aluko capable of single handedly destroying a defence would lead us to 55.

Aye their defence is bang average but they’ve conceded 13 less goals than us this season, Not one of our CBs apart from Bates gets in their team ffs

7 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Shite!

Also Gamboa and Lustig are better than Tav

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Aye their defence is bang average but they’ve conceded 13 less goals than us this season, Not one of our CBs apart from Bates gets in their team ffs

Because they defend from the front as a team and their midfield dominate possession through Brown.

As soon as they've been put under pressure by any of the top European sides their defence absolutely crumbles.

8 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Shite!

Wow.

Just now, KingKennyMiller said:

Because they defend from the front as a team and their midfield dominate possession through Brown.

As soon as they've been put under pressure by any of the top European sides their defence absolutely crumbles.

Aye cos Bates and Cardoso under pressure from any of the top European sides wouldn't crumble

Just now, KingKennyMiller said:

You know fuck all about me and even less about football. 

That’s impossible because no one can know less than fuck all about anything so at the very worst I know the same about you as I do about football. Taig.

1 hour ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Shite!

You're on borrowed time on here.

58 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Also Gamboa and Lustig are better than Tav

Away and fuck :lol:

54 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

My original point was that we don't need to sign a defender to win the league. I stand by that.

You also said Louis Moult is a better striker than Morelos. 

You know heehaw.