GOAT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Is costing us big time.  The mhanky mhob have scored one more goal than us this season.  But they’ve conceded 13 less.  Sort our defence out and there’s not a big difference IMO.  

That's this season though over the entirity. Pedro is long gone which is to blame for the majority of that shocking stat.

Yesterday aside our defence hasn't been that bad the past while.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's this season though over the entirity. Pedro is long gone which is to blame for the majority of that shocking stat.

Yesterday aside our defence hasn't been that bad the past while.

I think our defence has been crap ALL season long.  Martin is a disappointment to me as I was expecting better.  Having said that I should remember that we got him from Norwich and not Juventus.  We still look shaky every time the opposition go up the park.  Foderingham gives me no confidence at all.  The two full backs are good going forward but can't defend.  

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

I think our defence has been crap ALL season long.  Martin is a disappointment to me as I was expecting better.  Having said that I should remember that we got him from Norwich and not Juventus.  We still look shaky every time the opposition go up the park.  Foderingham gives me no confidence at all.  The two full backs are good going forward but can't defend.  

I agree with the full-backs, two worse defenders you'll struggle to find but the defence has a decent record yesterday aside. Goals conceded are penalties or something that's not something they've been at fault for.

I'd love a higher standard of center half in all honesty but they've done alright recently.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree with the full-backs, two worse defenders you'll struggle to find but the defence has a decent record yesterday aside. Goals conceded are penalties or something that's not something they've been at fault for.

I'd love a higher standard of center half in all honesty but they've done alright recently.

Sorry I have to disagree.    We look likely to concede goals in every game.    The biggest improvement is that we look sharper going forward.

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Sorry I have to disagree.    We look likely to concede goals in every game.    The biggest improvement is that we look sharper going forward.

Agree but what we look like doing and what actually happens isn't always the same.

Maybe a disaster waiting to happen right enough that's something I can appreciate but for now I'm happy to cut them some slack.

I know we kept a clean sheet at celtic Park the other month but a big test will be the game at Ibrox in a few weeks when we have to play a more expansive game to the one there where everyone had to concentrate at the back that 20% more ... this will tell us what they are made of.

But I'll re-state that I'd love a higher caliber of defence in all honesty.

I think the keeper actually deserves some stick now. I’ve been a major fan of his and I still maintain he’s the best in the league but that first one yesterday is atrocious goalkeeping. Anything from about 18 yards out goes past him and that’s worrying. I feel like when the opposition have a pop from distance it has more chance of going in than not. The first one yesterday isn’t even in the corner and it almost rolls under him. 

He really needs to start working on his concentration or reacting to long range efforts

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

For me 2nd was worse. Martin had 2 opportunities to sort it. Ridiculously poor clearance then failed to get anywhere near tight enough on Templeton.  A shocker.

Both were bad, just shite defending how easy it was considering he was in the corner, then Docherty's fresh air swipe :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Not gonna start an anti-Wes thread... but at first viewing I thought he could have saved their first 2 goals. 

They looked slow, and Wes looked even slower to get down.

It's ok, I start them all the time.... and with good reason, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

Is costing us big time.  The mhanky mhob have scored one more goal than us this season.  But they’ve conceded 13 less.  Sort our defence out and there’s not a big difference IMO.  

Don't know about big time, but we have been doing make shift for a long time.

Bates has plently potential. In Martin I expected more, but he's still setting in. Alves, I just don't trust in being here for all the wrong reasons and hasn't set the heather on fire.

The best central defensive pairing would probably be McCrorie and Bates and one for title winnng team for a long time to come. However McCrorie is also a stalwart in centre mid, where we do need his presence.

We have Tav who does have his defensive frailties, but got to say Bates covers for him well, when he's on his attacking forays.

John on the other side, another one with defensive frailties, but overall I think he contributes much to the team effort, much like Tav.

Made a point of watching the positioning of the wide defenders in the EPL recently and I've got to say, they are caught out of position repeatedly on oppo counter attacks and not stopping cross balls, so they're not all that. They depend a lot in the ability of their keepers and central defenders. Those two cunts they have at ManU are a bomb scare and if it wasn't for de Gea, they would be getting pumped every other week.

We have a keeper who is the best short range shot stopper in the land, does struggle with long range shots and he needs to improve on this. 

The midfield is still a bit makeshift and new players still settling in. Think Murty needs to decide on his best 11 when all those with injuries come back and he goes with it and get them all clicking.

I see great signs of improvement. Of course we are not the finished article, but we have the beating of the scum and just need to get that consistency and that is already improving.

For me, I appreciate the progress being made. Just get the fucking sub's on earlier!

Of course we over analyse and be over critical in defeat as it's our team, but we ain't that bad and we can take those taig cunts. I maybe over optimistic, but if we win all our games before the split, the title challenge is on. Those cunts are imploding.

Lastly, we can all do hard ass and decide we want full backs who can defend first and foremost. A keeper with less weaknesses. Lets be honest here, the current readily apparent weakness will always reappear, such is their DNA. However, to think of moving them on, In doing so we lose their strengths. Do the pro's outweigh the con's. That is the question.

20 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Not gonna start an anti-Wes thread... but at first viewing I thought he could have saved their first 2 goals. 

They looked slow, and Wes looked even slower to get down.

I don’t think you can blame Wes for any of the goals, but what I will say, I have no confidence whatsoever in him saving penalties.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Pedro is long gone which is to blame for the majority of that shocking stat.

28th/October: Hearts 1 -3 Rangers

18th November: Rangers 0 - 2 Hamilton

24th/November: Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers

3rd/December: Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers

9th/December: Rangers 2 - 1 Ross County

13th/December: Hibs 1 - 2 Rangers

16th/December: Rangers 1 - 3 St.Johnstone

23rd/December: Kilmarnock 2-1 Rangers

28th/January Ross County 1 - 2 Rangers

3rd/February Rangers 1 - 2 Hibs

18th/February Hamilton 3- 5 Rangers.

That's 19 league goals conceded since Murty took control.  Under Pedro we conceded 12 league goals prior to his sacking in October.  Blaming Pedro for our defensive stats at this stage is wide of the mark.

We should be a lot closer to celtic than we are now and you can't blame Pedro for that.  17 points dropped in total since Murty took over and it's extremely frustrating because we could've pushed celtic this season.  A win against Hibs last weekend and right now we would be a mere 6 points behind celtic with two Old Firm games to go.  Hibs, St,Johnstone, and Kilmarnock are half decent sides so I guess we could forgive those defeats.  However, those results against Hamilton and Dundee under Murty back in November have really cost us.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

28th/October: Hearts 1 -3 Rangers

18th November: Rangers 0 - 2 Hamilton

24th/November: Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers

3rd/December: Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers

9th/December: Rangers 2 - 1 Ross County

13th/December: Hibs 1 - 2 Rangers

16th/December: Rangers 1 - 3 St.Johnstone

23rd/December: Kilmarnock 2-1 Rangers

28th/January Ross County 1 - 2 Rangers

3rd/February Rangers 1 - 2 Hibs

18th/February Hamilton 3- 5 Rangers.

That's 19 league goals conceded since Murty took control.  Under Pedro we conceded 12 league goals prior to his sacking in October.  Blaming Pedro for our defensive stats at this stage is wide of the mark.

We should be a lot closer to celtic than we are now and you can't blame Pedro for that.  17 points dropped in total since Murty took over and it's extremely frustrating because we could've pushed celtic this season.  A win against Hibs last weekend and right now we would be a mere 6 points behind celtic with two Old Firm games to go.  Hibs, St,Johnstone, and Kilmarnock are half decent sides so I guess we could forgive those defeats.  However, those results against Hamilton and Dundee under Murty back in November have really cost us.

Why's it just the league goals btw?

and we should be a lot closer to celtic, I agree. We've had some bad results under Murty no-one can deny that fact but if yourself or anyone says with a straight face we aren't better off now under Murty than we were under Pedro I'll say their either deluded or a liar.