Class from Fraserburgh

jintybear

Sorry if this has been posted but I didn't see it anywhere

www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2267181/Rangers-refund-fraserburgh-bellslea-park-counterfeit-tickets/amp/

Rangers fans sent classy letters and refunded by Fraserburgh after missing out on Scottish Cup clash due to counterfeit tickets

A number of away supporters with genuine tickets were locked outside the ground after fakes had been produced

FRASERBURGH have refunded Rangers fans who were denied access to their Scottish Cup clash at Bellslea Park.

Gers faced the Highland League outfit last month in the fourth round where they ran out 3-0 winners thanks to a Josh Windass hat-trick.

However, the tie was plunged into chaos as a number of away supporters were locked out of the ground due to a ticket scam.

While fans queued outside, the Broch wrote on Twitter: “The capacity of the stadium is now full and we believe this is due to a number of counterfeit tickets in the away end.

“No further persons can be admitted. The club will hold an investigation and further details will be advised.”

The Ibrox side later released a statement demanding answers from their opponents and Police Scotland

And now fans have been answered after Fraserburgh chairman Finlay Noble issued a refund and an apology letter to those fans with genuine tickets that missed out on the game.

Noble said that the events ‘saddened’ him and admitted that the club and police were surprised by the quality of counterfeits which duped security at Bellslea Park.

I was passed on your details from Rangers FC so that we can forward on the refund of your ticket. Please find enclosed a cheque for £17.

“It was very disappointing to learn that you hadn’t managed to gain entry to the game despite having a genuine ticket. We as a club want all our visitors to enjoy the occasion and hopefully go away with a good impression of not only ourselves but the town also. It saddens me that on this occasion it wasn’t possible for you to have that opportunity to sample football at Bellslea Park.

“Due to a large number of counterfeit tickets getting access to the ground, the capacity of the away end was reached and subsequently the decision was taken in conjunction with Police Scotland and the Match Commander to close the gates for the away end in accordance with our Health & Safety procedures.

“We take the safety of everyone who comes to Bellslea Park very seriously and as unfortunate as it was for your own circumstances, we genuinely had no alternative.

“Rangers FC, ourselves and Police Scotland have been surprised by the quality of counterfeit tickets and there is only minimal difference between those and the genuine tickets. Despite putting measures in place to try and stop the counterfeit ticket holders gaining entry it proved impossible and we were defeated by the fact these high-quality tickets have been printed.

“I hope someday that you will be able to visit Bellslea Park and if you are ever in the area when are at home on Highland League duty, please let me know and we can arrange complimentary tickets for you.

“Once again, I would like to express my disappointment in what happened and hope that your team continues to rise to where it rightly belongs, challenging at the top of Scottish Football.

“Regards,

“Finlay Noble.”