Shots from outside the box

MrMckee

Was good to see this last week from windass Murphy tav etc (even if some off target). The standard of keeper is pretty poor in this league and don't think we have tried to test keepers as much as we should. Hope this continues rather than trying to pass the ball into the net every time like we have been use too!

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Absolutely should be doing this, said it for long enough that since the Warburton days we have tried to pass the ball into the net.

Take a shot and let the striker(s) feed on any blocks or parries from the keeper.

We've done it since long before Warburton, I even remember us doing it under Walter Smith at times. It's one of the most frustrating things about watching us attacking.

Hit a decent shot on target from range and more often than not it's either going in or its getting parried back into play to create another chance. Sean Goss seems to enjoy trying it since he's been in the team and it's refreshing to see.

54 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We've done it since long before Warburton, I even remember us doing it under Walter Smith at times. It's one of the most frustrating things about watching us attacking.

Hit a decent shot on target from range and more often than not it's either going in or its getting parried back into play to create another chance. Sean Goss seems to enjoy trying it since he's been in the team and it's refreshing to see.

Aye i suppose we have, it was particularly frustrating though under Warburton as we lacked real genuine class to win the game.

4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's a Rangers thing

Create 20 chances score 1

Shoot more often with a bit of composure and sure we would be scoring much more often with our present side and Alfredo quick as a flash for the scraps